Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Merging via eclipse(merge)
Merging via eclipse [message #1783676] Thu, 15 March 2018 13:19 Go to next message
Anthony Chamberlain is currently offline Anthony ChamberlainFriend
I am doing the process of cloning a git repository, making changes, committing and finally pushing. Sometimes others are editing the same file I am so there will be conflicts (as you know). Being new to git I did a search to see how to handle these with Eclipse. The site said to do a pull, and if there were any conflicts, a warning box would be displayed and then I could open merge tool.

Well I did the pull, and got the warning box with just an OK. I clicked the OK but I could not open a merge tool. I believe it was grayed out. What I end up doing is disregarding all my changes, recloning, and then making them again, which is a pain.

I know when we used Subversion I did a syncrhonize workspace. Some files were red and I could copy back and forth and delete until the file was resolved, mark as merged and the red would go away. I tried this with git and I marked as merged, but the files stayed red and just had a * next to them.

So I am wondering what the correct way to merge is? This when you commit to your local, or you push master.
Re: Merging via eclipse [message #1784049 is a reply to message #1783676] Wed, 21 March 2018 22:46 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Open the Git staging view and look for files with a red conflict marker. It should have a context menu entry to open the merge editor.
Previous Topic:Link history with Git repositories view but not with editors
Next Topic:After 4.7.3 upgrade, Eclipse thinks my git config is in a different place
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:27:31 GMT 2024