Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Meta-diagramming
Meta-diagramming [message #1783132] Thu, 08 March 2018 10:48 Go to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Howdiheyho,

Can I use DDiagram as a node target in diagrams? I would like to create diagrams that outline the structure of the diagrams in my 'real' model, so that diagrams are nodes in the 'meta-diagram'. The nodes would just display the name of the targeted diagram for example.

What would be the pro way to do this?
Thanks,
Felix

[Updated on: Thu, 08 March 2018 11:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Meta-diagramming [message #1783151 is a reply to message #1783132] Thu, 08 March 2018 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi Felix,

> Can I use DDiagram as a node target in diagrams?

The first answer would be yes since the Sirius meta-model is not different from others but in that case, the semantic resource will be the *.aird resource. So I think you will meet some problems with that.
I don't have similar use case in mind. If it does not work, a solution could be to maintain an additional model with references toward the real DReprenstationDescriptor.

Regards,

Florian
Re: Meta-diagramming [message #1783154 is a reply to message #1783151] Thu, 08 March 2018 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I could use the "Note" tool, annotating the notes that represent diagram references and then format/style these annotated notes differently. I have no clue if that would work, I know too little about GMF
Re: Meta-diagramming [message #1783450 is a reply to message #1783154] Tue, 13 March 2018 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian, I am reading through a lot of sirius/gmf/gef code and I found something that could maybe help: Looking at org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.internal.edit.policies.OpenDiagramEditPolicy.OpenDiagramCommand, I can see that Sirius somewhere uses the HintedDiagramLinkStyle in the open diagram command. So I wonder if there is already some support for my usecase. What I haven't found out yet is how I can trigger that command, and how to create a node that actually HAS such a HintedDiagramLinkStyle. I will try to look at sirius test suite and examples, maybe I can find something there?

Re: Meta-diagramming [message #1783458 is a reply to message #1783450] Tue, 13 March 2018 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi Felix,

Sorry for the late answer,
We considered the possibility to use the GMF note to make possible to navigate toward representations but we did not go further. The only way today to navigate toward other representations is defining navigation tool in the *.odesign.
The navigation menu use org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.internal.editor.MenuHelper.buildOpenRepresentationActions(IMenuManager, IInterpreter, RepresentationNavigationDescription, DRepresentationElement, Session, AdapterFactory) to create the open representation action.
org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.internal.edit.policies.OpenDiagramEditPolicy looks like an old GMF generated code.

Florian
Re: Meta-diagramming [message #1783462 is a reply to message #1783458] Tue, 13 March 2018 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thanks a lot. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I'll be able to make this work somehow without touching the .odesign. I'll let you know.
Re: Meta-diagramming [message #1784478 is a reply to message #1783462] Wed, 28 March 2018 13:27 Go to previous message
Continued at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=533002
Previous Topic:Display sirius properies like DTreeEditor but with a TreeViewer JFace
Next Topic:Breaking up a domain model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:48:19 GMT 2024