Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to disable cross-resource reference
How to disable cross-resource reference [message #1782922] Mon, 05 March 2018 07:52 Go to next message
Weihua Fan is currently offline Weihua FanFriend
Hi

I have a project that running my grammar perfectly until recently. I found that one DSL file will automatically cross refer to an Element in another DSL file if it cant find it in local file instead of reporting a not found error.

e.x.

In myRule1.dsl :
ruleA(>ruleB) = ......
// ruleB() = ......

In myRule2.dsl :
ruleB() = ......

ruleA and ruleB are same type of element (Rule) that defined in my grammar.
The problem is when I comment out ruleB from myRule1.dsl I dont get an rule-not-found error, instead when I CMD+Click on ruleB (after '>') it leads me to definition of ruleB in myRule2.dsl. Thats not what I want, can I disable this default cross-resouce reference behavior?

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to disable cross-resource reference [message #1782923 is a reply to message #1782922] Mon, 05 March 2018 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
you could write your own org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.IGlobalScopeProvider that returns IScope.NULLSCOPE

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to disable cross-resource reference [message #1783036 is a reply to message #1782923] Wed, 07 March 2018 04:13 Go to previous message
Weihua Fan is currently offline Weihua FanFriend
Thank you. It works
Previous Topic:Best place to create an instance of an external referenced emf model element?
Next Topic:Assert error in FormatterTestHelper due to different whitespace in ITextRegionAccess strings.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:14:19 GMT 2024