Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Maintaining Graphical layout of Elements in Model(The Graphical layout of the elements in the model is lost when Importing the elements from this model to another model. )
Maintaining Graphical layout of Elements in Model [message #1782730] Wed, 28 February 2018 14:49 Go to next message
Yash Khatri is currently offline Yash KhatriFriend
Step1: I have created a Sirius Modeling Project (say MP1) and created a Model.
Step2: Now, I have created another Sirius Modeling Project (say MP2) and created another Model in it.
Step3: I added Model from MP1 as a Project Dependencies in MP2 and dragged dropped the model into the representation of model of MP2.

Problem: The graphical layout of the model from MP1 is not maintained when importing in model of MP2.

How can this be achieved?

I tried to "pin" the elements and save and then importing the model to another project, but it does not help.

Anyone faced this before?

(See attached images. Pic 1 shows the graphical layout of the model in MP1, and pic 2 shows the graphical layout of the same model when imported to MP2.)

Regards,
Yash Khatri
  • Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 22.68KB, Downloaded 166 times)
  • Attachment: 2.PNG
    (Size: 20.30KB, Downloaded 170 times)
Re: Maintaining Graphical layout of Elements in Model [message #1782732 is a reply to message #1782730] Wed, 28 February 2018 15:19 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi.

This is the expected behavior. Every diagram (or table, or tree) created on a given semantic model is a different view of that model. If two diagrams of the same type (same definition in the .odesign file) exist on the exact same model, they will have the same structure (e.g. same number of nodes, containers and relationships between them), at least by default, but their layout information (size and position of elements, which one are pinned or not, etc.) are independent.

You can try to use the Copy/Paste layout feature (see https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/user/diagrams/Diagrams.html#copy_paste_format), but I'm not sure it will work in your case as it was designed with diagrams from the same project (session) in mind, and in your case the MP1 and MP2 are different projects (even if each loads the same physical file on disk, they are independant entities).

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Different Sirius product
Next Topic:Validation in Diagram extension not working?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 11:52:39 GMT 2024