Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Getting Started with plugin development(start and stop plugin from another)
Getting Started with plugin development [message #1782679] Tue, 27 February 2018 19:43
Tim Baalmann is currently offline Tim BaalmannFriend
Hi,

I am a newbie to plugin development and am mainly executing tutorials to do so at the moment.
My long-term objective is to develop a plugin that is able to start different plugins with different tasks, lets say one after the other and exchange information generated by one plugin to another.
So as a starting point I followed a tutorial which generated a plugin which prints "Hello World" at startup and "Good Bye World" at stop to the console. I am also able to start and stop this plugin via the console. Now I want to have a second plugin which does this, but don't really know where to start. I also searched for tutorials for this, but couldn't find any (there are so many tutorials, that apparently I am not able to find the right ones).

So, can anyone provide a good starting point or tutorials to help me with my problem?
Or maybe even say, if my approach to this objective is reasonable?

Regards.
Previous Topic:How to change the icon tab of the text editor on the fly
Next Topic:How can use native library in my Eclipse Plug-in project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:14:23 GMT 2024