Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus not Intuitive(UI is not intuitive for the user)
Papyrus not Intuitive [message #1782565] Mon, 26 February 2018 14:17 Go to next message
Kiren Pillay is currently offline Kiren PillayFriend
I last used Papyrus 6 months ago and struggled then as much as I'm struggling now.

For me , If a component (of whatever type) appears on a palette, I should be able to drag it onto my diagram, or onto the model.

Right now, nothing happens. I have managed to go onto the model and Right-click add new class for example.

Why is this so complicated?

I've attached a picture of what my screen looks like. I cannot drag from the palette onto the diagram or onto the model.

Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2)
Papyrus 3.1.0

• Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 183.18KB, Downloaded 138 times)
Re: Papyrus not Intuitive [message #1782568 is a reply to message #1782565] Mon, 26 February 2018 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Do you have more info about the error? Papyrus 3.1.0 is not the latest version (And it's not the one shipped with Eclipse/Oxygen 4.7.2; you should be using Papyrus 3.2.0)

Creating elements from the palette works fine for me on Oxygen 4.7.2 / Papyrus 3.2.0

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Papyrus not Intuitive [message #1782623 is a reply to message #1782565] Tue, 27 February 2018 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi,
your problem is strange. I don't remember a such problem on Papyrus 3.1.0.
FYI, when its works, the creation from the palette can work with these 3 ways (for nodes):
- clicking on the item in the palette, then clicking on the diagram
- dropping the item from the palette in the diagram
- double-clicking on the item and a new object will be directly created in the diagram

Regards,
Vincent

Re: Papyrus not Intuitive [message #1782625 is a reply to message #1782623] Tue, 27 February 2018 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiren Pillay is currently offline Kiren PillayFriend
Hi Vincent and Camille,

It does work as you say :)

It definitely didn't work immediately after the first installation yesterday, which was quite frustrating. Not sure what happened there [maybe I didn't restart the eclipse as I was supposed to?].

Regards
Kiren

Re: Papyrus not Intuitive [message #1782626 is a reply to message #1782623] Tue, 27 February 2018 09:23 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I think it depends what drawing tools you are used to.

Some tools are select and drop, others are drag and drop. If you are used to one, the other can be irritating.

You need to learn how Papyrus works, rather than expect it to be like a different favourite tool.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Default Naming Strategies changes in Papyrus.
Next Topic:Lag because of BuddyClassLoading during XWT Introspection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:49:29 GMT 2024