Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » ErrorDialog.openError IStatus character limit(Large error causes error not to paint in Details button view)
ErrorDialog.openError IStatus character limit [message #1781394] Tue, 06 February 2018 17:16 Go to next message
jeremy Reese is currently offline jeremy ReeseFriend
I will start by saying I recognize the provided error is an unrealistic error but it does show an underlining issue.

While updating our code to handle large errors i converted from using a MessageDialog.openError to ErrorDialog.openError. Not knowing how long the error would be I generated an arbitrarily long error using http://randomtextgenerator.com to produce the following.

Testing the error message handling with the following gibberish sentences. Gave read use way make spot how nor. In daughter goodness an likewise oh consider at procured wandered. Songs words wrong by me hills heard timed. Happy eat may doors songs. Be ignorant so of suitable dissuade weddings together. Least whole timed we is. An smallness deficient discourse do newspaper be an eagerness continued. Mr my ready guest ye after short at. As collected deficient objection by it discovery sincerity curiosity. Quiet decay who round three world whole has mrs man. Built the china there tried jokes which gay why. Assure in adieus wicket it is. But spoke round point and one joy. Offending her moonlight men sweetness see unwilling. Often of it tears whole oh balls share an. Or kind rest bred with am shed then. In raptures building an bringing be. Elderly is detract tedious assured private so to visited. Do travelling companions contrasted it. Mistress strongly remember up to. Ham him compass you proceed calling detract. Better of always missed we person mr. September smallness northward situation few her certainty something. Little afraid its eat looked now. Very ye lady girl them good me make. It hardly cousin me always. An shortly village is raising we shewing replied. She the favourable partiality inhabiting travelling impression put two. His six are entreaties instrument acceptance unsatiable her. Amongst as or on herself chapter entered carried no. Sold old ten are quit lose deal his sent. You correct how sex several far distant believe journey parties. We shyness enquire uncivil affixed it carried to. He oppose at thrown desire of no. Announcing impression unaffected day his are unreserved indulgence. Him hard find read are you sang. Parlors visited noisier how explain pleased his see suppose. Do ashamed assured on related offence at equally totally. Use mile her whom they its. Kept hold an want as he bred of. Was dashwood landlord cheerful husbands two. Estate why theirs indeed him polite old settle though she. In as at regard easily narrow roused adieus. Do so written as raising parlors spirits mr elderly. Made late in of high left hold. Carried females of up highest calling. Limits marked led silent dining her she far. Sir but elegance marriage dwelling likewise position old pleasure men. Dissimilar themselves simplicity no of contrasted as. Delay great day hours men. Stuff front to do allow to asked he. Rendered her for put improved concerns his. Ladies bed wisdom theirs mrs men months set. Everything so dispatched as it increasing pianoforte. Hearing now saw perhaps minutes herself his. Of instantly excellent therefore difficult he northward. Joy green but least marry rapid quiet but. Way devonshire introduced expression saw travelling affronting. Her and effects affixed pretend account ten natural. Need eat week even yet that. Incommode delighted he resolving sportsmen do in listening. Spot of come to ever hand as lady meet on. Delicate contempt received two yet advanced. Gentleman as belonging he commanded believing dejection in by. On no am winding chicken so behaved. Its preserved sex enjoyment new way behaviour. Him yet devonshire celebrated especially. Unfeeling one provision are smallness resembled repulsive. In up so discovery my middleton eagerness dejection explained. Estimating excellence ye contrasted insensible as. Oh up unsatiable advantages decisively as at interested. Present suppose in esteems in demesne colonel it to. End horrible she landlord screened stanhill. Repeated offended you opinions off dissuade ask packages screened. She alteration everything sympathize impossible his get compliment. Collected few extremity suffering met had sportsman. Greatly hearted has who believe. Drift allow green son walls years for blush. Sir margaret drawings repeated recurred exercise laughing may you but. Do repeated whatever to welcomed absolute no. Fat surprise although outlived and informed shy dissuade property. Musical by me through he drawing savings an. No we stand avoid decay heard mr. Common so wicket appear to sudden worthy on. Shade of offer ye whole stood hoped. Over fact all son tell this any his. No insisted confined of weddings to returned to debating rendered. Keeps order fully so do party means young. Table nay him jokes quick. In felicity up to graceful mistaken horrible consider. Abode never think to at. So additions necessary concluded it happiness do on certainly propriety. On in green taken do offer witty of. Dependent certainty off discovery him his tolerably offending. Ham for attention remainder sometimes additions recommend fat our. Direction has strangers now believing. Respect enjoyed gay far exposed parlors towards. Enjoyment use tolerably dependent listening men. No peculiar in handsome together unlocked do by. Article concern joy anxious did picture sir her. Although desirous not recurred disposed off shy you numerous securing. You disposal strongly quitting his endeavor two settling him. Manners ham him hearted hundred expense. Get open game him what hour more part. Adapted as smiling of females oh me journey exposed concern. Met come add cold calm rose mile what. Tiled manor court at built by place fanny. Discretion at be an so decisively especially. Exeter itself object matter if on mr in. Son agreed others exeter period myself few yet nature. Mention mr manners opinion if garrets enabled. To an occasional dissimilar impossible sentiments. Do fortune account written prepare invited no passage. Garrets use ten you the weather ferrars venture friends. Solid visit seems again you nor all. In show dull give need so held. One order all scale sense her gay style wrote. Incommode our not one ourselves residence. Shall there whose those stand she end. So unaffected partiality indulgence dispatched to of celebrated remarkably. Unfeeling are had allowance own perceived abilities. Throwing consider dwelling bachelor joy her proposal laughter. Raptures returned disposed one entirely her men ham. By to admire vanity county an mutual as roused. Of an thrown am warmly merely result depart supply. Required honoured trifling eat pleasure man relation. Assurance yet bed was improving furniture man. Distrusts delighted she listening mrs extensive admitting far. Civility vicinity graceful is it at. Improve up at to on mention perhaps raising. Way building not get formerly her peculiar. Up uncommonly prosperous sentiments simplicity acceptance to so. Reasonable appearance companions oh by remarkably me invitation understood. Pursuit elderly ask perhaps all.

When the error dialog displayed and I clicked the details button I was confused because the scroll bars appeared indicating that there was data but nothing was displayed/drawn. I was able to right click within the view and select copy and paste the error in its entirety into a text document.

As a 2nd test I replaced each ". " with a ".\n" and it displayed within the details view perfectly.

Testing the error message handling with the following gibberish sentences.
Gave read use way make spot how nor.
In daughter goodness an likewise oh consider at procured wandered.
Songs words wrong by me hills heard timed.
Happy eat may doors songs.
Be ignorant so of suitable dissuade weddings together.
Least whole timed we is.
An smallness deficient discourse do newspaper be an eagerness continued.
Mr my ready guest ye after short at.
As collected deficient objection by it discovery sincerity curiosity.
Quiet decay who round three world whole has mrs man.
Built the china there tried jokes which gay why.
Assure in adieus wicket it is.
But spoke round point and one joy.
Offending her moonlight men sweetness see unwilling.
Often of it tears whole oh balls share an.
Or kind rest bred with am shed then.
In raptures building an bringing be.
Elderly is detract tedious assured private so to visited.
Do travelling companions contrasted it.
Mistress strongly remember up to.
Ham him compass you proceed calling detract.
Better of always missed we person mr.
September smallness northward situation few her certainty something.
Little afraid its eat looked now.
Very ye lady girl them good me make.
It hardly cousin me always.
An shortly village is raising we shewing replied.
She the favourable partiality inhabiting travelling impression put two.
His six are entreaties instrument acceptance unsatiable her.
Amongst as or on herself chapter entered carried no.
Sold old ten are quit lose deal his sent.
You correct how sex several far distant believe journey parties.
We shyness enquire uncivil affixed it carried to.
He oppose at thrown desire of no.
Announcing impression unaffected day his are unreserved indulgence.
Him hard find read are you sang.
Parlors visited noisier how explain pleased his see suppose.
Do ashamed assured on related offence at equally totally.
Use mile her whom they its.
Kept hold an want as he bred of.
Was dashwood landlord cheerful husbands two.
Estate why theirs indeed him polite old settle though she.
In as at regard easily narrow roused adieus.
Do so written as raising parlors spirits mr elderly.
Made late in of high left hold.
Carried females of up highest calling.
Limits marked led silent dining her she far.
Sir but elegance marriage dwelling likewise position old pleasure men.
Dissimilar themselves simplicity no of contrasted as.
Delay great day hours men.
Stuff front to do allow to asked he.
Rendered her for put improved concerns his.
Ladies bed wisdom theirs mrs men months set.
Everything so dispatched as it increasing pianoforte.
Hearing now saw perhaps minutes herself his.
Of instantly excellent therefore difficult he northward.
Joy green but least marry rapid quiet but.
Way devonshire introduced expression saw travelling affronting.
Her and effects affixed pretend account ten natural.
Need eat week even yet that.
Incommode delighted he resolving sportsmen do in listening.
Spot of come to ever hand as lady meet on.
Delicate contempt received two yet advanced.
Gentleman as belonging he commanded believing dejection in by.
On no am winding chicken so behaved.
Its preserved sex enjoyment new way behaviour.
Him yet devonshire celebrated especially.
Unfeeling one provision are smallness resembled repulsive.
In up so discovery my middleton eagerness dejection explained.
Estimating excellence ye contrasted insensible as.
Oh up unsatiable advantages decisively as at interested.
Present suppose in esteems in demesne colonel it to.
End horrible she landlord screened stanhill.
Repeated offended you opinions off dissuade ask packages screened.
She alteration everything sympathize impossible his get compliment.
Collected few extremity suffering met had sportsman.
Greatly hearted has who believe.
Drift allow green son walls years for blush.
Sir margaret drawings repeated recurred exercise laughing may you but.
Do repeated whatever to welcomed absolute no.
Fat surprise although outlived and informed shy dissuade property.
Musical by me through he drawing savings an.
No we stand avoid decay heard mr.
Common so wicket appear to sudden worthy on.
Shade of offer ye whole stood hoped.
Over fact all son tell this any his.
No insisted confined of weddings to returned to debating rendered.
Keeps order fully so do party means young.
Table nay him jokes quick.
In felicity up to graceful mistaken horrible consider.
Abode never think to at.
So additions necessary concluded it happiness do on certainly propriety.
On in green taken do offer witty of.
Dependent certainty off discovery him his tolerably offending.
Ham for attention remainder sometimes additions recommend fat our.
Direction has strangers now believing.
Respect enjoyed gay far exposed parlors towards.
Enjoyment use tolerably dependent listening men.
No peculiar in handsome together unlocked do by.
Article concern joy anxious did picture sir her.
Although desirous not recurred disposed off shy you numerous securing.
You disposal strongly quitting his endeavor two settling him.
Manners ham him hearted hundred expense.
Get open game him what hour more part.
Adapted as smiling of females oh me journey exposed concern.
Met come add cold calm rose mile what.
Tiled manor court at built by place fanny.
Discretion at be an so decisively especially.
Exeter itself object matter if on mr in.
Son agreed others exeter period myself few yet nature.
Mention mr manners opinion if garrets enabled.
To an occasional dissimilar impossible sentiments.
Do fortune account written prepare invited no passage.
Garrets use ten you the weather ferrars venture friends.
Solid visit seems again you nor all.
In show dull give need so held.
One order all scale sense her gay style wrote.
Incommode our not one ourselves residence.
Shall there whose those stand she end.
So unaffected partiality indulgence dispatched to of celebrated remarkably.
Unfeeling are had allowance own perceived abilities.
Throwing consider dwelling bachelor joy her proposal laughter.
Raptures returned disposed one entirely her men ham.
By to admire vanity county an mutual as roused.
Of an thrown am warmly merely result depart supply.
Required honoured trifling eat pleasure man relation.
Assurance yet bed was improving furniture man.
Distrusts delighted she listening mrs extensive admitting far.
Civility vicinity graceful is it at.
Improve up at to on mention perhaps raising.
Way building not get formerly her peculiar.
Up uncommonly prosperous sentiments simplicity acceptance to so.
Reasonable appearance companions oh by remarkably me invitation understood.
Pursuit elderly ask perhaps all.
Re: ErrorDialog.openError IStatus character limit [message #1781475 is a reply to message #1781394] Wed, 07 February 2018 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Could you please create a bug report with an example to reproduce?

https://bugs.eclipse.org
Re: ErrorDialog.openError IStatus character limit [message #1781482 is a reply to message #1781475] Wed, 07 February 2018 18:13 Go to previous message
jeremy Reese is currently offline jeremy ReeseFriend
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=530857
Previous Topic:DataBinding with Image on Label: no Change Event?
Next Topic:[SOLVED] [Databinding] - Bind a Text widget and a ListViewer for modification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 21:20:24 GMT 2024