Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Commentary Feature(Adding commentary blocks direct to the application)
Commentary Feature [message #1780956] Tue, 30 January 2018 12:08 Go to next message
Tiago Russolo is currently offline Tiago RussoloFriend
Is there an option to write commentaries on the Application editor?

I did not find an options to do so and I believe it would be nice to have options such as drawing lines and boxes and add "Comment" texts, so that I could better organize the structure of the program application.

Thanks,
Tiago Russolo
Re: Commentary Feature [message #1781076 is a reply to message #1780956] Thu, 01 February 2018 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Currently you can give comments to connections and FB/SubApp instances. However they are only shown in the property sheets of the elements or in their tool-tips. Comment boxes as you can have them in UML are currently not available. Unfortunately this is not foreseen in IEC 61499. But could be a useful extension to the standard and 4diac.

I could also see to show subapp comments at the top of the subapplication in a text field. How are these other 4diacers seeing it?
Re: Commentary Feature [message #1781256 is a reply to message #1781076] Mon, 05 February 2018 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael G. is currently offline Michael G.Friend
Such note-stickers as in Beremiz would have been nice for a small documentation in program

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wQLrt28AJnY/maxresdefault.jpg
Re: Commentary Feature [message #1781424 is a reply to message #1781256] Wed, 07 February 2018 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Jep this is something that I had in mind. As pointed out currently we don't have a defined means in the IEC 61499-2 XML file format. But I think it would be great to add it. My question would be what would be the requirements for such boxes? Position and size and multiline text comments. Should the text be formatted with some markup language (e.g.,markdown)? however I think the latter should not be in the standard but more a tool thing.
Re: Commentary Feature [message #1781593 is a reply to message #1781424] Fri, 09 February 2018 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael G. is currently offline Michael G.Friend
i would be rich a simple free positioned textbox.
An HTML Style or simple Word features like <b <i <a href... would be nice too :)

[Updated on: Fri, 09 February 2018 10:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Commentary Feature [message #1781903 is a reply to message #1781593] Wed, 14 February 2018 14:21 Go to previous message
Tiago Russolo is currently offline Tiago RussoloFriend
Hi, and I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

Yes, Michael, the picture that you posted is what I had in mind.
Also the ability to draw some simple shapes such as squares, circles and lines would be nice as a "Concept Design feature". Although I don't think this fits the design standard.

And, if possible, support for non english characters on the text fields.
Previous Topic:Problem with assigning values to large byte arrays
Next Topic:Build Forte using libiec61850
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:30:02 GMT 2024