Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Which Platform Version do you use with Xtext
Which Platform Version do you use with Xtext [message #1780639] Thu, 25 January 2018 07:51 Go to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hello Xtext Users,

Which Eclipse Version do you use (if you use the latest version of Xtext)? We currently support back to Luna and like to know which Versions are still relevant and which are not

Thanks
Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Which Platform Version do you use with Xtext [message #1780641 is a reply to message #1780639] Thu, 25 January 2018 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

I have a customer who is still on Luna, but also with an older Xtext version. They plan an Xtext and Eclipse update at once.
Besides that the usual target platforms I am facing are Oxygen and Photon.
Re: Which Platform Version do you use with Xtext [message #1780651 is a reply to message #1780641] Thu, 25 January 2018 09:56 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I try to support as many platforms as possible, but reality gets in the way. Platform migration to Java 8 makes new code on old platforms less viable. JDT 6/7 annotations make source migration hard.

But more relevantly, I think you are mistaken in claiming support for Xtext >=2.8 generation on an Xtext <2.8 run-time since the breaking change that added setFirstSetPredicated in Xtext.ecore made *.xtextbin unloadable forcing me to eliminate use of *.xtextbin for my editors. I now use
GIT\org.eclipse.ocl\examples\org.eclipse.ocl.examples.build\src\org\eclipse\ocl\examples\build\xtend\GenerateGrammarXtend.xtend
to provide (faster) direct Java-loadable replacements for 10 different *.xtextbin files.

Regards

Ed Wllink
Previous Topic:Xbase-drived DSL - Eclipse codegen build on-demand
Next Topic:Compiler tests for multi-DSLs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 20:06:25 GMT 2024