Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Help- I Deleted My Git Repository and It Deleted My Entire Desktop(EGit)
Help- I Deleted My Git Repository and It Deleted My Entire Desktop [message #1780471] Tue, 23 January 2018 00:59 Go to next message
Sib Raza is currently offline Sib RazaFriend
I am new to the git plugin for eclipse. I was trying to delete the master git repository (on purpose) from the Git perspective, but it deleted everything on my desktop - all my files and folders are gone. Is there way a to recover this?
Re: Help- I Deleted My Git Repository and It Deleted My Entire Desktop [message #1780544 is a reply to message #1780471] Tue, 23 January 2018 19:58 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
If you click "Remove repository from view" the repository is removed from the view but not deleted.
You can revert this by clicking "Add an existing local repository to this view" in order to re-add it to
the git repositories view.

If you click "Delete Repository ..." a confirmation dialog is shown where you can choose if you want to
delete only the git repository and if you want to also delete the working tree (file versions checked out
to the filesystem). If you confirm (and not cancel) this dialog the repository and if selected its working tree are deleted.
This deletion is final and there is no builtin backup to recover from. That's why there is a mandatory confirmation dialog.
Previous Topic:oxygen synchronized project cannot fetch files
Next Topic:GIt makes Eclipse crashes when trying to vreate a new repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 13:01:40 GMT 2024