Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » continue to use Eclipse? ( eclipse visual studio driver gui MFC)
continue to use Eclipse? [message #1780240] Fri, 19 January 2018 02:47 Go to next message
Robert Gray is currently offline Robert GrayFriend
I've been programming with Eclipse IDE happily for several years now. Now it appears I am getting into a project that states the following:

"The demo code is provided in source code form to help user to understand the operation the xxxxx USB camera and SDK library. It is created with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and camera board USB Camera based on MFC framework . The Windows demo code is located at ../Windows/USB_Demo folder and the release executable software is located at ../ Windows/xxxxx/USB_Demo.exe."

Do I need to change to Visual Studio from Eclipse? Can I use VS12 or better to use vs8? I'm not familiar with the MFC and I enjoy the MingW64 compiler, reluctant to leave Eclipse. My goal is to continue to use the camera driver on Github. Which, leaves the rest: custom GUI, etc. already in visual studio structure. If I stay with Eclipse what do I do to include MFC?
Re: continue to use Eclipse? [message #1780243 is a reply to message #1780240] Fri, 19 January 2018 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
"created with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008" likely means it comes with a VS project.
If you know how to use MinGW to build the project you can use that instead albeit with some effort.
Eclipse does support a VS too chain but you'll have to convert the VS project to a makefile..

Re: continue to use Eclipse? [message #1780310 is a reply to message #1780243] Fri, 19 January 2018 18:46 Go to previous message
Robert Gray is currently offline Robert GrayFriend
Thanks for the reply. Even when I get it working, I don't think it will be based on MFC framework. Am I making this too hard?
Previous Topic:Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2
Next Topic:CDT indexer reports "Unresolved includes" for files it actually read
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:30:33 GMT 2024