Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Debug: Using the value of an optional field containing omit
Debug: Using the value of an optional field containing omit [message #1780159] Thu, 18 January 2018 09:36 Go to next message
Naum Spaseski is currently offline Naum SpaseskiFriend

Hello everyone,

At the beginning, happy new year and all the best! :)

It is possible that I (or someone else) have written this question already, but here it is:

How we are supposed to debug the DTE: Using the value of an optional field containing omit? If I only knew at least the name of the field it would have been a lot easier.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Naum
Re: Debug: Using the value of an optional field containing omit [message #1780168 is a reply to message #1780159] Thu, 18 January 2018 10:24 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Naum,

in general, reading the log file should lead you quickly to the desired answer.
Just to remind you , granularity of the log file can be finely tuned with config parameters
(see "ch 7.2 Logging" of the refguide)

For this it would probably be overkill, but Titan also has a built-in debug feature,
(refguide ch 11, The TTCN3 debugger )

If you could attach a concrete piece of code, maybe I could give you more specific hints.

Also, I hear you: your polite suggestion is that the debug message should be clearer.
Please bear in mind that we have to carefully weigh usage of our (scarce ) resources and as such, commodity features are
typically towards the bottom of my list, the top being occupied by features that have no replacement or workaround.

Best regards
Elemer

[Updated on: Thu, 18 January 2018 12:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Default Parameters in Template Bug ?
Next Topic:Some Titan project statistics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:27:19 GMT 2024