Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Reporting of types from imported package not possible
Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1779880] Mon, 15 January 2018 09:38 Go to next message
Michael Nestler is currently offline Michael NestlerFriend
Hi,

I have a model using types from an imported package (via <Package Import>) and I want to report the type name and documentation in my document. I always get empty "fields". It seems that the .uml file containing the imported packages is not loaded, because the following for loop always delivers nothing

[for (p : Package | self.getModel().getImportedPackages())] <drop/>
Imported PackageName: [p.name/]
[/for] <drop/>
My Question is how to load the *.uml files of imported packages before starting the document generation with GenDoc.

Best Regards Michael

Re: Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1779890 is a reply to message #1779880] Mon, 15 January 2018 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi,

The issue it could be related due to this bug: 526488 .

This is solved in the Gendoc 0.7.0 Milestone 1, see the Gendoc download page.

Regards,
Antonio
Re: Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1779902 is a reply to message #1779890] Mon, 15 January 2018 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

thanks for your quick answer. I updated once more, now it works
with Gendoc 0.7.0 Milestone 1 on Eclipse Neon.

Best regards Michael
Re: Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1779966 is a reply to message #1779890] Tue, 16 January 2018 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

I have checked this again on another Workstation, where the model with the imported package is located in another Eclipse Project. Here I get the "empty fields" again.

Best Regards
Michael
Re: Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1779971 is a reply to message #1779966] Tue, 16 January 2018 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

In the other workstation, are you generating the document "headless" or from the eclipse workbench?
Are the imported model load properly in the eclipse workbench?

If you can provide a sample with the eclipse project containing the models and the gendoc template I could troubleshoot the problem and come up with a workaround and/or a fix that I will add in a Gendoc build you could use while We add this fix to the 0.7.0 nightly build.

Regards,
Antonio
Re: Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1779981 is a reply to message #1779971] Tue, 16 January 2018 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

I have created 2 new models in 2 different Papyrus Projects. Now it works, maybe I have to check the Eclipse Project definitions. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Michael
Re: Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1780076 is a reply to message #1779971] Wed, 17 January 2018 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I found a possible reason for this strange behaviour. The model (.uml) referenced by the imported package is located in a Papyrus Project which is imported from a git repository. So I suppose, the model file is not accessible by GenDoc, although its content is visible in the Papyrus Model Explorer.
As workaround I put the referencing model in the same git project, and the reporting of the imported types works.

Best regards
Michael
Re: Reporting of types from imported package not possible [message #1780179 is a reply to message #1780076] Thu, 18 January 2018 12:36 Go to previous message
Hi,

It probably that, the EMF resource models proxies use relative URIs. So if the locations when cloning the repos are not the same structure and the Gendoc is not launch using the wizard it will probably won't work because for resolving Uris with platform schema, the projects need to be loaded in the workbench.

Antonio.
Previous Topic:${project_loc} not resolved in include tag
Next Topic:Simple loop in EMF File - cannot find operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:45:00 GMT 2024