Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Install Oxygen / CDT / Oomph: Project Explorer shows 293 projects, org.eclipse.cdt etc.(Starting Eclipse after Oomph install: errors, warnings, 293 projects (org.eclipse.cdt etc.) in Project Explorer)
Install Oxygen / CDT / Oomph: Project Explorer shows 293 projects, org.eclipse.cdt etc. [message #1779810] Sat, 13 January 2018 03:26 Go to next message
Scott Willis is currently offline Scott WillisFriend
After a fresh install of Eclipse via the Eclipse installer and clearing the Welcome screen:
- 293 projects appear in Project Explorer, from org.eclipse.cdt [org.eclipse.cdt master] to setups [org.eclipse.oomph master]
- 116 errors, first is "Bundle 'org.apache.commons.io' cannot be resolved'
- 8,809 warnings
- 54 Infos

I would greatly appreciate hints on where to start: is this an error on my part, expected behavior, a bug? Should I start downloading .jar files and trying to resolve bundles?

I've been using Eclipse CDT for some years (C/C++ for embedded development) but am new to Oomph. Following Oomph tutorials at codeandme.blogspot dot com.

Running Eclipse Installer 1.9.0 Build 3283 on 64 bit Windows 7.
Selected:
- Product "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers"
- Oracle JRE 8.0.720.15
- Bundle pool enabled (to a local directory)
Projects:
- Checked 'CDT' and 'Oomph'
Variables:
- Installation location rule: ${@id.location}
- Installation location is C:\SwDevTools\eclipseNGS2 (trimmed)
- Target Platform: Oxygen
- Root workspace-container folder: C:\Users\<me>\EclipseWorkspaces
Did NOT check "offline" (this time), did check "offline" previously and saw the same behavior.

Already resolved PCIX handshaking failure (that resulted in > 200,000 errors), courtesy of stackoverflow.com/questions/41971549.

Screenshot attached.
Configuration: PlatformDetails.txt attached.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Install Oxygen / CDT / Oomph: Project Explorer shows 293 projects, org.eclipse.cdt etc. [message #1779946 is a reply to message #1779810] Tue, 16 January 2018 05:03 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It was added to the catalog by this commit:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=458308

You'll see some comments there with suggestions we made for how this should be authored. Looking at it now, it seems not authored in the ideal way. The Targlet task's Targlet should include a wildcard requirement (instead of the Projects Import Task) so that the dependencies of all projects are resolved as part of resolving the target platform. Instead it lists many IU requirements and apparently hasn't kept them up-to-date with the actual requirements of the source projects. I'll try to start a discussion on that Bugzilla; please CC yourself on it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Error installing Eclipse modeling tools since Oxygen.2
Next Topic:Exclude a preference ftom sync
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:56:00 GMT 2024