Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » False positive TROJAN warning?(Windows Defender)
False positive TROJAN warning? [message #1779213] Thu, 04 January 2018 05:35 Go to next message
Adrian Stensrud is currently offline Adrian StensrudFriend
Hi!

First off, I'm unsure that I'm in the right subforum, but I did check the names and descriptions of them all. Sorry, I'm completely new to anything like Eclipse, and just thought it would be a good place to start with Java after I tried Android Studio a bit and saw people talking about it.

So: I just installed Eclipse Java and PHP Oxygen and as soon as I opened it, Windows Defender yelled TROJAN. It reads:

Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl

[Details]
Affected items:
file: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\eoi6B80.tmp\plugins\org.eclipse.oomph.p2.ui_1.9.0.v20171212-1513.jar

file: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\eoi6B80.tmp\plugins\org.eclipse.oomph.setup.installer_1.9.0.v20171202-1121.jar

Is this a false positive or what? Why can't I find anything on Google about it, other than the fact that even Microsofts Windows Defender page informs me that the threat is SEVERE? ms dot com /en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl
Re: False positive TROJAN warning? [message #1779812 is a reply to message #1779213] Sat, 13 January 2018 07:19 Go to previous message
Jesus Bertrand is currently offline Jesus BertrandFriend
Eclipse is a tool that helps to run java and c++ programs quite easily than in the command prompts. When you work in eclipse you can access all the predefined variables available in the platform. So it is good to install eclipse. In some case antivirus like Trojan does not allow other application to install. If you just disable the antivirus and try it.Then it will definitely work. Some thing happens with firewall too. Just disable and continue installation More hints.
Previous Topic:Read Only files when owner has not rw but owner isn't eclipse user group is!
Next Topic:Modifying Include Path NullPointerException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:53:34 GMT 2024