Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Image Resize Differences Between BIRT "In Web View" preview and application web view
Image Resize Differences Between BIRT "In Web View" preview and application web view [message #1778811] Thu, 21 December 2017 17:21
Bradley Stockdale is currently offline Bradley StockdaleFriend
Hello,

I've been trying to resolve a little gotcha in a report I created a couple days ago, but am running into a bit of a brick wall. BIRT 4.3.1, and embedded web viewer 4.3.1.

The report is pretty basic. I have a table bound to a scripted data source. For each detail row, I have a grid with two rows. The first row has an image control, and the second has a data control. The image data is extracted from a blob in the data source. The text that is displayed in the data control is extracted from a varchar field. The purpose is to create a presentation with one image and one caption per page.

Knowing that some of the images would be large enough to cause the caption to roll to another page, I resize the image control via the onCreate handler. If the width or height is more than a given amount, I resize the control.

Everything works as expected in the "In Web Viewer" preview in BIRT:

index.php/fa/31661/0/

But when I run the report via the embedded web viewer control in an application, the images are not resizing properly.

index.php/fa/31662/0/

index.php/fa/31663/0/

I added some debug code to the report to watch when the various events fire through the generation and presentation phase, and in both cases they seem to be an identical order. I also am dumping out the image dimensions before and after the resize, and in both cases the pre/post width and height are as expected.

I tried moving the code to the onRender event handler for this control, to no avail.

Would anyone happen to have any hints? I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,
Brad

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 32.22KB, Downloaded 466 times)
  • Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 23.02KB, Downloaded 446 times)
  • Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 6.11KB, Downloaded 458 times)
Previous Topic:Axis label from dataset of list above
Next Topic:Sub Reports on Scripted datasets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:08:23 GMT 2024