Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Unable to see objects when clicking classes from class histogram
Unable to see objects when clicking classes from class histogram [message #1778792] Thu, 21 December 2017 13:42 Go to next message
Vinod Kumar is currently offline Vinod KumarFriend
index.php/fa/31659/0/We analyzed a large heap dump and generated reports out of it in Linux environment. Downloaded the Leak Suspect zip from Linux to windows.
We wanted to check objects of classes from Class Histogram.
But on clicking it tries to query (OQL) and yields no result in browser.
Is there any way to see list of objects other than using eclipse MAT plugin.
  • Attachment: Error.jpg
    (Size: 71.19KB, Downloaded 1120 times)
Re: Unable to see objects when clicking classes from class histogram [message #1779175 is a reply to message #1778792] Wed, 03 January 2018 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Austin is currently offline Chris AustinFriend
This is because the links within the generated report start with mat://.

I tried something similar since I have a 32g heap to analyze but only have 12g ram on my macbook pro. Creating an EC2 instance to analyze the dump worked decently, though the exported .zip reports didn't have everything I needed - e.g. a class histogram with retained sizes that I can click to find merged paths to roots.

I was hoping that I could upload my hprof to ec2, generate the indexes, download the indexes and reports, then open the already-indexed hprof on my local machine. Opening it locally doesn't seem to use the indexes that were generated though - it runs for many hours and makes little progress.

Anyone know a way to make this approach work, or have another option?

I'll be doing my analysis on a windows EC2 instance over RDP until I find another option (or until I build a larger box for this).
Re: Unable to see objects when clicking classes from class histogram [message #1786262 is a reply to message #1779175] Sat, 28 April 2018 10:20 Go to previous message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
Quote:

I was hoping that I could upload my hprof to ec2, generate the indexes, download the indexes and reports, then open the already-indexed hprof on my local machine. Opening it locally doesn't seem to use the indexes that were generated though - it runs for many hours and makes little progress.

Anyone know a way to make this approach work, or have another option?

This should work as other people have done this, and even when you just have the files on one machine then it reuses the indices. Do check that the main index file is newer than the dump, otherwise it could start again with this message in the log.

Reparsing heap dump file ''{0}'' modified at {1} as it is newer than index file ''{2}'' modified at {3}

It's possible your local MAT doesn't have the space to even reopen an existing dump. Do check that you have a suitable -Xmx value.

Previous Topic:Can't use MAT on Mac High Sierra
Next Topic:Analyzing metaspace memory OOME
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:17:56 GMT 2024