Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Any way to manually edit tool chain?(Tool chain)
Any way to manually edit tool chain? [message #1778496] Fri, 15 December 2017 01:03 Go to next message
GEORGE HAYES is currently offline GEORGE HAYESFriend
I have several compilers on my system including mingw, and mingw-w64

The menu only allows selecting gcc. My guess is that is the mingw not 64.

It would be a million times more useful if I could actually set the path as I can in most other IDEs. Who knows may one can in Eclipse honestly don't know because 20 pages into search results I have found anything other than ones saying to use the same menu that is worthless to me.

Its one of those cases I assume they tried to make it easier on the user and well in this case it failed. There is a thing as assuming to much help is needed.

Please don't tell me there is some sort of download for it unless it is specifically for manually editing the tool chain. I'm not interested in a download that fixes one single compiler.

thanks in advanced. Sorry, if my tone is a bit gruff. Frustrated. To me this is something that should be common sense when creating an IDE dealing with compilers.

Take the idea of using one compiler to build another then wanting to test that one. Not exactly that easy if I can go through that many search results and not find an answer and there isn't a simple easy option on the menu to get to it. Something like Settings>compiler>(toolchain,search directories,libraries....)
Re: Any way to manually edit tool chain? [message #1778528 is a reply to message #1778496] Fri, 15 December 2017 18:06 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
You can change the command in tool settings
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Settings --> Tool Settings tab

either by setting Command directly
or by changing the Command Line Pattern

You can verify the GCC in use by looking at the Build Variable MINGW_HOME
which is set when Eclipse starts (at least for me) apparently by searching the execution path

If you have the LinuxBin utilities you can temporarily change the command to which g++.exe
and it should tell you which g++ is being used.
I did this and got the MinGW g++ despite there being one in the Perl64/site ahead of MinGW.
Apparently, MINGW_HOME is prepended to PATH
Previous Topic:Bug reporting ?
Next Topic:Eclipse C++ compilation error - Undefined key build.spi_selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:11:47 GMT 2024