Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » "Unable to get workspace root" when exporting plug-ins(An internal error occurred during: "Export Plug-ins" - Unable to get workspace root)
"Unable to get workspace root" when exporting plug-ins [message #1777914] Wed, 06 December 2017 07:01 Go to next message
David L is currently offline David LFriend
Hello everyone,

I am writing an Eclipse plug-in and trying to package and export the plug-in to use in command line. In Eclipse I used File -> Export... -> Deployable plug-ins and fragments, but the following problem occurs:

'Export Plug-ins' has encountered a problem.
An internal error occurred during: "Export Plug-ins"
Unable to get workspace root

It seems not related to my code because all my plug-in's have the same problem. Does anyone have idea about this problem?

Thanks
Re: "Unable to get workspace root" when exporting plug-ins [message #1778095 is a reply to message #1777914] Sun, 10 December 2017 03:16 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Unfortunately I can't help with your immediate problem; check your workspace error log (<workspace>/.metadata/.log) and see if there's something relevant.

But if I may, I suggest you spend some time and convert your project to build with Maven/Tycho. PDE/Build is slow and is difficult to diagnose when it fails, as you're discovering.
Previous Topic:Is it possible to simulataneously launch multiple instances of an RCP with different ini file
Next Topic:Class exchange - Problem with Classloader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 09:01:51 GMT 2024