Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Tutorial of e4 RCP application with graphiti(How-to for integrating a graphiti-based editor in a simple e4 application)
Tutorial of e4 RCP application with graphiti [message #1777274] Mon, 27 November 2017 23:30 Go to next message
David G. is currently offline David G.Friend
Does anyone have a guide on how to create a simple e4 RCP application that includes a graphiti editor?

I've been working with graphiti and have a working diagram editor for my model, but I always test it under a 'full' eclipse installation.

I was thinking how easy or hard would it be to create a simple application, just a perspective with the basic views: an explorer for the diagram files, the editor zone, an outline and a property sheet...

I've browsed through some e4 RCP applications and seen the basics, but I don't know how to 'tie' that with what I've generated with graphiti... I think I've read somewhere that I need to use the 'compatibility layer' as graphiti integrates with the e3 applications and not directly with e4 but I can't find detailed information on that...

Any help, links or guidance would be welcome!

Thanks and greetings!
Re: Tutorial of e4 RCP application with graphiti [message #1777333 is a reply to message #1777274] Tue, 28 November 2017 15:06 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
David,

I can at least confirm that Graphiti requires the e4 compatibility layer as it does not run natively on e4. Unfortunately I cannot help with a guide on that, but would also be interested in case anybody has anything in that direction.

Michael
Previous Topic:Ifile to diagramURI
Next Topic:Need getSingleClickFeature() clarification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:26:05 GMT 2024