Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to reorder fields in a composite field ?
How to reorder fields in a composite field ? [message #1777038] Thu, 23 November 2017 20:17 Go to next message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
Hello,

Thanks to some threads here I succeeded in building a form with dynamic fields (injectFieldsInternal). I understood that the fields must be created with the form and cannot be added once it is displayed.

Is it possible to change the field order after the form is displayed ? I could change the fields visibility and it works correctly. But for the order I tried to use setOrder and it does nothing, the order property seems to be used only when building the list of fields, that is right after injectFieldsInternal is executed.

I need to reorder fields according to some loaded data. What can I do ?

Thanks.

Re: How to reorder fields in a composite field ? [message #1777404 is a reply to message #1777038] Wed, 29 November 2017 08:38 Go to previous message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
After 5 days and no answer I assume that this is not possible.

What I did is create a groupbox template that contains all the possible kinds of fields, instantiate this box as many times as I might need (maximum number of possible fields), and hide / show in each box the specific field I need at this location. Thus there is no field reordering, but instead I associate (when I know the data) each group box to each specific data (name, label, type, value) in order, and inside each box I use the appropriate actual field to edit the data, and all the others fields are hidden.
Previous Topic:After login, session changed
Next Topic:Eclipse Scout 7.0.100 (Oxygen.1) now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:42:00 GMT 2024