Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Kapua » Problem in creating user in new child account in Kapua
Problem in creating user in new child account in Kapua [message #1776885] Wed, 22 November 2017 14:08 Go to next message
Muhammad Kamran is currently offline Muhammad KamranFriend
Kura is connected with kapua through kapua-broker user under kapua-sys account, but it's not shown up in device list on kapua. I figured out that new user in child account has to be created.
For that i tried to create new user in child account.
Child account created successfully, User created successfully, but when i switched to Account123 as in instruction, User123 didn't show up there.

Reference: https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/780/files
(
User should be created successfully and we have to give this user some permissions. In upper right corner click **Switch Account** and select Account123.
+Go to **Users** and select User123. In lower part you have **Roles** and **Permissions** tabs. Click **Roles** and **Add**, select **admin** and submit changes.
)

Moreover in permission tab what should be select in Domain and action . According to instruction we should select All in every checkbox, but there is not option of all in Domain and [color=blue]

Reference: https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/780/files
(
+After that go to **Permissions** tab and click **Add**, select **ALL** in every checkbox and submit changes. )
Re: Problem in creating user in new child account in Kapua [message #1777440 is a reply to message #1776885] Wed, 29 November 2017 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Grimm is currently offline David GrimmFriend
Hello, did you set the infiniteChildUsers to true for the UserService in the Settings tab?

I also tried to do the steps suggested in the referenced File, but could not manage to connect a Device to Kapua.

Where is the difference between a User and a Child User of an Account? There is not option to grant Permissions to a Child User of an Account.

So i created a new User (User123). It is only possible if i delet the Child User User123 of Account123. If i try to add ALL or a single Permission to this User the web UI is loading forever and nothing happens.

If i try to create a Role and add Permissions there is no Domain to select.

So I skiped the User part and used the kapua-broker User. But I think this user has insufficient permissions to create a device I can only see a connection, if i use this User.

Then I tried the kapua-sys User. With this User my Device is listed under the "Devices" Tab but the Device is offline i only recieve the "Birth" Event.

Am I missing some Steps? Can someone hep me?

Re: Problem in creating user in new child account in Kapua [message #1778725 is a reply to message #1777440] Wed, 20 December 2017 13:08 Go to previous message
Milan Ggg is currently offline Milan GggFriend
Hello David,

every account can have users and child accounts.
That error that you have was happening on a previous versions of Kapua ( situtation where you try to add permissions to user and UI is loading forever).
If you pull develop brench now, and start Kapua, you will be able to normaly create users, permissions , etc.
Regards,
Milan
Previous Topic:Message persistence in kapua - Subscriber connection lost
Next Topic:I want to learn how to develop Kapua
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:07:19 GMT 2024