Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot open CVS Repository Exploration perspective(Could not create the view: org.eclipse.team.ccvs.ui.RepositoriesView)
Cannot open CVS Repository Exploration perspective [message #1776138] Mon, 13 November 2017 05:57 Go to next message
Yuk-Ming Lam is currently offline Yuk-Ming LamFriend
This failed when using the Oxygen 1a version of Eclipse on jre1.8, but works fine from the Luna version of Eclipse with the same jre1.8.

It pulls a

java.lang.Exception
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createErrorPart(ViewReference.java:112)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:98)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPart(CompatibilityPart.java:293)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:331)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:990)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:955)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:124)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:399)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:318)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
and more...
Re: Cannot open CVS Repository Exploration perspective [message #1776175 is a reply to message #1776138] Mon, 13 November 2017 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Is this from you trying to open it through the UI, or programmatically? Is it even installed?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Cannot open CVS Repository Exploration perspective [message #1776931 is a reply to message #1776138] Wed, 22 November 2017 21:04 Go to previous message
Yuk-Ming Lam is currently offline Yuk-Ming LamFriend
Thank you Nitin for responding to my cry for help..

I was trying to open the CVS Respository from the GUI, when I got the problem. Needless to say, the CVS Respository Exploration failed to open.

I look forward to your help, as I have been using Eclipse Lunar for ages using CVS to do source code control, and I would like to advance to the latest Eclipse. Are some library files missing in the Eclipse distribution?
Previous Topic:Q / Set up / Dynamic Web Development / AngularJS
Next Topic:stdin in Run configuration failed to detect EOF on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:48:57 GMT 2024