Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink 2.6 Long Primary Key Mapping PostgreSQL(Why is EclipseLink mapping Long to Integer in PostgreSQL?)
EclipseLink 2.6 Long Primary Key Mapping PostgreSQL [message #1775891] Tue, 07 November 2017 17:01 Go to next message
Rodolfo Fortes is currently offline Rodolfo FortesFriend
Guys, I need some help, I'm migrating an application from Hibernate to EclipseLink 2.6 but the generated tables has some differences.
A major one that I didn't understand is why EclipseLink is mapping my Long primary key to INTEGER? In Hibernate it was mapped to BIGINT in postgreSQL.

Is there any way to make it map to BIGINT? I'm using postgreSQL 9.6.

Thanks.
Re: EclipseLink 2.6 Long Primary Key Mapping PostgreSQL [message #1784442 is a reply to message #1775891] Wed, 28 March 2018 02:44 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
It should be mapped to BIGINT as well. This is controlled through the PostgreSQLPlatform, through mappings set in the buildFieldTypes method. If this isn't the case, check which database platform is being used, or manually set it using the "eclipselink.target-database" persistence unit property to "PostgreSQL".
Previous Topic:Problem persisting TimestampTZ with JPA
Next Topic:Data too long for column error but it should fit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:20:13 GMT 2024