Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » console dimensions on laptop with high density display(console + console fonts way too small)
console dimensions on laptop with high density display [message #1774929] Sat, 21 October 2017 12:22 Go to next message
Eric Michielssen is currently offline Eric MichielssenFriend
I am new to eclipse and am running Neon.2 Release (4.6.2) on a Microsoft Surface Book with high density display 3000 x 2000 display.

The console is tiny as are the fonts displayed on it. Just over an inch by an inch. Not usable.

I tried adjusting the console font size to no avail (windows -> preferences -> general -> debug -> ...).

I find online recommendations about how to work with high density displays... all these seem pretty invasive and scary to implement.

Advice on how to rescale my console would be tremendously helpful.

Thanks!
Eric

Re: console dimensions on laptop with high density display [message #1775147 is a reply to message #1774929] Wed, 25 October 2017 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sravan Kumar Lakkimsetti is currently offline Sravan Kumar LakkimsettiFriend
Hi,

To enable hidpi you need to change scaling factor using

windows 10:
settings->System->Display
Under Customize Display there is a slider to change the text, apps and other items. move the slider till it reads 200%. After that you need to logout and login. Then Hidpi mode gets activated in eclipse. You'll be able see eclipse instance similar to the screen shot attached.

Please note the hidpi in eclipse is controlled by display settings of the OS. You need not make any change in eclipse instance.

In case of windows 7 you need to modify
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
click on Set custom Text Size(DPI) and set it to 200%.

Hope this helps

-Sravan
Re: console dimensions on laptop with high density display [message #1775365 is a reply to message #1775147] Sat, 28 October 2017 11:32 Go to previous message
Eric Michielssen is currently offline Eric MichielssenFriend
Thanks. That did the trick!

E
Previous Topic:I cant start eclipse
Next Topic:Resolve generic type in subclass?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 14:09:16 GMT 2024