Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Objectteams » Upcoming tests including Mockito
Upcoming tests including Mockito [message #1774832] Fri, 20 October 2017 10:19 Go to next message
Lars Schütze is currently offline Lars SchützeFriend

Hi,

I have seen that master has commits which include Mockito (https://github.com/eclipse/objectteams/commit/7334f86e590a9d219006534051afb19f92cbfd4a).

I think since you are signing the builds you do not hit the bug https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28579999/securityexception-when-running-plain-junit-mockito-in-eclipse-rcp-project. I tried to use Mockito myself with OTJ, but got caught by the bug, since my local build is not signing the OTJ jars. Otherwise, Object Teams could request a newer version (2.X) to be uploaded into Eclipse Orbit which does fix that bug (and probably more).
Re: Upcoming tests including Mockito [message #1774856 is a reply to message #1774832] Fri, 20 October 2017 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
In the IDE I haven't yet seen such problems. Maybe we should compare exact configurations, to figure out, because naturally in the IDE I do not sign anything :)

The changes in otdt.map.in are only my attempts to resolve transitive dependencies, and in the end perhaps only the changes in the test feature were necessary.
Bottom-line: I'm only wiring things up with plug-ins that are already present in the host Eclipse. And: nothing of this will be shipped with OTDT.

Thanks for the link anyway.
Stephan
Re: Upcoming tests including Mockito [message #1774928 is a reply to message #1774856] Sat, 21 October 2017 11:37 Go to previous message
Lars Schütze is currently offline Lars SchützeFriend

That bug happens when you try to mock classes from different classloaders. I tried to create unittests for Binding::compareTo. This old version of Mockito is signed and has problems when working with unsigned classes (which is how I build locally).

I think some projects download Mockito themselves using Maven/Tycho and export the jars into their product. Don't find the bugzilla/forum discussions anymore.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 October 2017 11:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Adding Methods To TeamManager
Next Topic:OTDT takes a break during Oxygen.1a
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 12:34:48 GMT 2024