Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Select row instead of cell in a Tree NatTable
Select row instead of cell in a Tree NatTable [message #1774568] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:09 Go to next message
Felix S is currently offline Felix SFriend
Hi,

how can I achive, that NatTable selects a row instead of a column, if the underlying bodyLayerStack is based on a TreeList? I used the _5053_SelectionEventsExample and _5052_RowSelectionExample as base. But adding the RowSelectionModel and afterwards add the DefaultRowSelectionLayerConfiguration takes no effect.

The DataLayer is built as follows:
List<EObject> values;
eventList = GlazedLists.eventList(values);
// some other list wrappers to add filter and sorting
treeList = new TreeList(filterList, new MyCustomTreeFormat(), TreeList.NODES_START_EXPANDED);
bodyDataProvider = new ListDataProvider<>(treeList, columnPropertyAccessor);

The bodyDataProvider is passed to the selection model. Did I missed something?

Also I noticed, that the row positions in a selection event (when listening to LayerEvents of a NatTable) differ from the actual row in a tree. I assume, this is related to my row selection issue?

I found this post, but it didn't work for me: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/458087/

Kind regards,
Felix
Re: Select row instead of cell in a Tree NatTable [message #1774577 is a reply to message #1774568] Tue, 17 October 2017 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Not sure what you are trying to achieve and how you are doing it. So I can't tell what you are doing wrong so it does not work for you. And of course the row position in a LayerEvent on the NatTable layer is different from what it is in the underlying list. At least if you are using a GridLayer and a ViewportLayer. That is related to the index-position transformation.
Re: Select row instead of cell in a Tree NatTable [message #1774586 is a reply to message #1774577] Tue, 17 October 2017 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth wrote on Tue, 17 October 2017 13:27
Not sure what you are trying to achieve and how you are doing it.

I have a list of objects, that can be rendered as Tree, like
* Obj1
** SubObj11
* Obj2
** SubObj21
** SubObj22
etc.
The TreeList is (correctly) displayed in a NatTable (just like noted above). I want to achive a full row selection, when I click in the NatTable. By default, only a single cell is selected. To achive that, I added the before mentioned RowSelectionModel as it is done in the examples. This works for a list based NatTable (i.e. without tree layer), but not for the tree list based one.

Dirk Fauth wrote on Tue, 17 October 2017 13:27
And of course the row position in a LayerEvent on the NatTable layer is different from what it is in the underlying list. At least if you are using a GridLayer and a ViewportLayer. That is related to the index-position transformation.

I added an ILayerListener to the natTable, listening for RowSelectionEvents. The wrong row position comes from the selection event. E.g. calling cellEvent.getRowPosition() for the tree returns something like this
* Obj1 -> 2
** SubObj11 -> 3
* Obj2 -> 4
** SubObj21 -> 2
** SubObj22 -> 3

In my understanding, the CellSelectionEvent (or at least the viewportlayer) should be aware of the correct row position of the underlying data, since I passed the TreeList into the RowSelectionModel. So something like
public void handleLayerEvent(ILayerEvent event) {
	if (event instanceof CellSelectionEvent) {
		CellSelectionEvent cellEvent = (CellSelectionEvent) event;
		EObject element = bodyLayerStack.getBodyDataProvider()).getRowObject(cellEvent.getRowPosition());
		if (element != null)
			selectionService.setSelection(element);
	}
}
should return the selected object, shouldn't it?

Kind regards,
Felix
Re: Select row instead of cell in a Tree NatTable [message #1774596 is a reply to message #1774586] Tue, 17 October 2017 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
No it shouldn't because the row position is relativ to the layer. You are interested in the row index
Re: Select row instead of cell in a Tree NatTable [message #1774652 is a reply to message #1774596] Wed, 18 October 2017 10:37 Go to previous message
Thanks for the hint to convert the row position to row index. Wasn't aware of that. I also got the full row selection in the tree table working, I was confused by some additional layers i added for testing :/
Previous Topic:Strange celleditor behavior on Mac
Next Topic:groupBy nattable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:59:21 GMT 2024