Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Documentation/specification/standard for the BInaryResource format?
Documentation/specification/standard for the BInaryResource format? [message #1774183] Wed, 11 October 2017 12:12 Go to next message
Erwan Bousse is currently offline Erwan BousseFriend
Hi,

I'm experimenting with EMF BinaryResource serialization, and I was wondering: is there any specification/documentation somewhere of how this binary format works?

For instance XMI is standardized, so there is a full spec, but is there something similar for the serialization format of BinaryResource?
Re: Documentation/specification/standard for the BInaryResource format? [message #1774425 is a reply to message #1774183] Sat, 14 October 2017 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No, binary resource format is home grown so you should not expect to be able to consume such bytes with anything other than the library provided by EMF, and anyone wanting to replicate such logic will have to look in detail at the implementation (which is relatively simple, especially compared to XML/XMI serialization and deserialization).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Documentation/specification/standard for the BInaryResource format? [message #1774727 is a reply to message #1774425] Thu, 19 October 2017 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erwan Bousse is currently offline Erwan BousseFriend
OK, then the only spec at the moment is the code. I suppose such spec must have existed at some point in the office of the developer of BinaryResource, too bad it wasn't made public.

thanks for the answer!
Re: Documentation/specification/standard for the BInaryResource format? [message #1774731 is a reply to message #1774727] Thu, 19 October 2017 07:31 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm the developer and I assure you that no such document even existed.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:TransactionChangeRecorder not added in my CDOObject adapters
Next Topic:out of date model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:47:05 GMT 2024