Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Resizable DropDown Box in NatCombo
Resizable DropDown Box in NatCombo [message #1773303] Tue, 26 September 2017 09:18 Go to next message
Andreas Blezu is currently offline Andreas BlezuFriend
I am using ComboBoxCellEditor in a NatTable and would like to resize the dropdown list at its borders (similar to windows). I can achieve this by extending NatCombo, overriding createDropdownControl(int style) and changing the line
 this.dropdownShell = new Shell(getShell(), SWT.MODELESS);
to
 this.dropdownShell = new Shell(getShell(), SWT.RESIZE);

Is it possible to do this wihtout overriding the method and copying the whole method body except that one line?

Is there a reason why the dropdownShell does not have a seperate style parameter/variable?
Re: Resizable DropDown Box in NatCombo [message #1773376 is a reply to message #1773303] Wed, 27 September 2017 05:19 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
Is it possible to do this without overriding the method and copying the whole method body except that one line?

You checked the code already. So you already know that the answer to this question is No. Code never lies.

Quote:
Is there a reason why the dropdownShell does not have a seperate style parameter/variable?

Nobody requested that feature in the last years or found a workaround that was never told us. Maybe it was used in the past with an older implementation to avoid some side effects or it was done because there was no reason seen for this. I can't tell.

If you want to make this configurable to avoid subclassing and overriding (which I definitely prefer), please create an enhancement ticket for this. And at best provide a patch via Gerrit.

P.S. Please ask questions on NatTable in the NatTable forum, so the NatTable users can benefit from your questions. Not sure how many of them are also checking the Nebula forum.
Previous Topic:How add CSS to RichTextEditor ?
Next Topic:How to layout an XYGraph with others Figures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 05:21:50 GMT 2024