Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Create Eclipse project in existing Git repository
Create Eclipse project in existing Git repository [message #1773056] Wed, 20 September 2017 22:04 Go to next message
Jonathan Gossage is currently offline Jonathan GossageFriend
I have a Git repository on Github which I have brought into Eclipse using the repository perspective. I now want to create an Eclipse project in an Eclipse workspace in a different directory, link to the source files in the Git workspace, and then connect the project to Git using Team->Share Project.

I have been trying for several days to do this without success. How can this be done?
Re: Create Eclipse project in existing Git repository [message #1773099 is a reply to message #1773056] Thu, 21 September 2017 13:45 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't know what you mean by "link to the source files in the Git workspace". Of course in the end you need to move/copy the project folder somewhere into the actual Git repository clone's folder. The Team Share lets you choose where in the clone's root folder to target the results. What is not actually working for you? In the worst case, copy the project folder to where you want it to be in the Git clone folder, and then import it into the workspace.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:"Invalid remote: origin" error when pulling latest version
Next Topic:I'm new in Jgit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:37:29 GMT 2024