Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Syntax for relative DOS path in 'Build command' string(Syntax for DOS path)
Syntax for relative DOS path in 'Build command' string [message #1772981] Tue, 19 September 2017 16:09 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Eclipse is an awesome IDE/Build Tool! I've been using Eclipse since Kepler. Currently using Oxygen 4.7.1RC4 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Refer to the attached PNG of the Project Properties Dialog.
I've avoided specifying a DOS path in the 'Build command' text because I not been able to get Eclipse to recognize the relative or absolute path. However, I now find myself finally needing understand how to specify a DOS path in the 'Build command' string.

I've tried ALL the combinations which are valid on a Windows 7 machine. I've googled for any hint of a solution, to no avail.

Major System Configuration:
Windows 7 64-bit
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
v 4.6.2 (Neon)
v 4.7.3a (Oxygen)
v 4.8r (Photon)
v 2018_09

PyDev

MinGW
MSys
GNU Toolchain
Perforce
Re: Syntax for relative DOS path in 'Build command' string [message #1773012 is a reply to message #1772981] Wed, 20 September 2017 08:22 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Not sure what you are seeing that makes you think it isn't working.
You can see an example of an absolute path if you use the File System ... button and select a directory.
The problem with the Build command is that it is not executed using cmd.exe and a target name is appended.

I created a special target with no name and tried a build using it
The build command is: wmic process get processid,parentprocessid,executablepath

Here's the make target edit and the output followed by what the output looks like from the command line.
Note that the second to last line is showing the parent process is Eclipse and not cmd.exe

index.php/fa/30775/0/
index.php/fa/30776/0/

I tried using the full path to wmic (C:\Windows\System32\wbem\wmic) and that worked.
I also tried using the forward slash in the path and that worked.

Perhaps you can post what is making you think Eclipse isn't recognizing the relative or absolute paths.

EDIT:
What you may want for the build command is something like: cmd /c "prog1 && prog2"

[Updated on: Wed, 20 September 2017 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Syntax for relative DOS path in 'Build command' string
Next Topic:Some headers not indexed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:24:18 GMT 2024