Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to specialize a SysML diagram for user defined usage(Recreating the SysML 1.5 spec. sample problem diagram in Papyrus)
How to specialize a SysML diagram for user defined usage [message #1772781] Fri, 15 September 2017 08:20 Go to next message
K P is currently offline K PFriend
Hello,

I am new to SysML and Papyrus and trying to recreate the model and related diagrams of the sample problem defined in Annex D of the SysML 1.5 specification.

1) General question: The Papyrus tutorials (http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/documentation.html) were not sufficient for my current understanding. Are there other tutorials which can help to familiarize myself with both SysML and Papyrus simultaneously? E.g. is there maybe a description showing how the mentioned sample problem can be recreated in Papyrus?

2) Specific question: I would like to specialize the Internal Block Diagram stereotype into a Context Diagram stereotype to recreate the diagram in Figure D.4 of the SysML specification. How should it be done? My guess is I should somehow do it in the "Project Explorer", creating the Context Diagram stereotype, then should import this into my model through the Model Explorer and then should be able to use it for the model.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Re: How to specialize a SysML diagram for user defined usage [message #1773172 is a reply to message #1772781] Fri, 22 September 2017 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo \\\"CaWal\\\" Cacheta Waldemarin is currently offline Ricardo \\\"CaWal\\\" Cacheta WaldemarinFriend
+1 for the general question (for Papyrus in general ;-) ). I'm also trying to specialize a papyrus diagram (UML Class Diagram) with some profiles I've defined. Previously I had a working new pallete and viewpoint, but since Oxygen arrived my pallete plugin stopped working. This week I'm battling against the Eclipse Help aiming now create a new architecture domain model and a new pallete, but I wasn't successful.

I think that maybe I'm just dumb or maybe the documentation is meant to be read with assistance of someone that already knowns how to do what you need to do. Would be nice to have someone pointing how to create a minimum "Hello World" working configuration. Or even better: a FAQ or goal-oriented documentation. "I want to define a stereotype and provide a palette item:", "I want to this thing to happen when user does that other thing"....
Re: How to specialize a SysML diagram for user defined usage [message #1773245 is a reply to message #1773172] Mon, 25 September 2017 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ursula Kirchgaessner is currently offline Ursula KirchgaessnerFriend
Hello,

I started using Papyrus with SysML a few months ago and agree with Ricardo, the official documentation is very light. However, I found the video-tutorials by Marco Di Natale very useful, here is the link to the first one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RR8yomqWjE
He uses an older version of Papyrus, but the basics haven't changed that much. At some point in part C, he explains how to use profiles in order to create custom stereotypes.

Furthermore, you will find a few (not many) more tutorials on youtube for different modelling problems. Finally, I recommend the 2014 version of "A practical guide to SysML". There is one chapter "Getting started with SysML" with a section "SysML modeling tool tips" (this section is new in the 2014 version). Even though this description is tool-independent, I find it very helpful in order to get started on a new model.

Good luck!
Ursula
Re: How to specialize a SysML diagram for user defined usage [message #1773246 is a reply to message #1773245] Mon, 25 September 2017 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi,

Papyrus doesn't provide any specific document on "What is the correct way to model in SysML".

There is the library example that may help to create a DSML:
- you can find it in Papyrus sources
- for convenience I also cloned it in github
https://github.com/bmaggi/library-training
(master branch is a working version on oxygen)

Regards,
Benoit

Re: How to specialize a SysML diagram for user defined usage [message #1773255 is a reply to message #1773246] Mon, 25 September 2017 15:58 Go to previous message
Ricardo \\\"CaWal\\\" Cacheta Waldemarin is currently offline Ricardo \\\"CaWal\\\" Cacheta WaldemarinFriend
Thank you for pointing it, Bernoit! I'll try to follow the examples.
Previous Topic:Can one display Block Comments in a Compartment?
Next Topic:Zero values in literals omitted in .UML file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:44:05 GMT 2024