Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Recovering from connection exceeded time limit(Oracle connection time exceeded and logged off. How to create a new connection?)
Recovering from connection exceeded time limit [message #1772762] Thu, 14 September 2017 21:43 Go to next message
Phil Scadden is currently offline Phil ScaddenFriend
Running a very job (indexing tens of thousands of document with database look up), I get this error:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02399: exceeded maximum connect time, you are being logged off

Error occurs with at a repository.findOne call.

The process is running under tomcat.

What I need to do ( I think) is log back into Oracle and get a new connection. However, JPA pretty effectively hides all that detail. (And Spring even further). How do I proceed?
Re: Recovering from connection exceeded time limit [message #1772905 is a reply to message #1772762] Mon, 18 September 2017 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
You would need to post the details of how you have configured the connections. If you are using JPA/EclipseLink to handle the pooling (rather than a datasource), see
https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/toplink/TLJPA/p_connection_pool.htm#TLJPA1070
and
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5289075/how-to-modify-eclipselink-jpa-2-0-connection-retry-behavior
Re: Recovering from connection exceeded time limit [message #1772931 is a reply to message #1772905] Mon, 18 September 2017 21:04 Go to previous message
Phil Scadden is currently offline Phil ScaddenFriend
I am using a datasource. However, I have since discovered that Oracle manager was killing off connections longer than 4 hours because he was having issues with zomble connections exhausting the pool.He has extended connection time to 4 days.
Previous Topic:Attempting to execute an operation on a closed EntityManager
Next Topic:ConcurrentModificationException using ReadObjectquery with EclipseLink 2.6.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:26:40 GMT 2024