Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Communication Framework » TCF holds off shutdown for 90 seconds
TCF holds off shutdown for 90 seconds [message #1772679] Wed, 13 September 2017 19:13 Go to next message
Paul DeRocco is currently offline Paul DeRoccoFriend
I'm using TCF on a Raspberry Pi and on an Intel Atom, for debugging with Eclipse Mars. It works fine, except for one thing: if I have to reboot the target, it puts up a message that says that "A stop job is running for Target Communication Framework", and it takes a minute and a half to time out. How do I get TCF to respond to the usual kill signal on shutdown, or have a more reasonable timeout like five seconds?
Re: TCF holds off shutdown for 90 seconds [message #1772684 is a reply to message #1772679] Wed, 13 September 2017 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Tarassov is currently offline Eugene TarassovFriend
I use kill to stop TCF agent all the time on Raspberry Pi and it works instantaneously. Are you running latest version of the agent?

90 seconds must be TCP session timeout. The agent itself does not invoke it, it is implemented by Linux kernel. I'm not sure why system gets stuck in it.
Re: TCF holds off shutdown for 90 seconds [message #1772691 is a reply to message #1772684] Wed, 13 September 2017 22:19 Go to previous message
Paul DeRocco is currently offline Paul DeRoccoFriend
Turns out it's the systemd default timeout. By adding "TimeoutStopSec=1" to the [Service] section of /lib/systemd/system/tcf-agent.service, it only adds one second to the shutdown time. Let's hope no undiscovered ill effects crop up.
Previous Topic:TCF Agent Hello world
Next Topic:TCF configuration - again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:33:05 GMT 2024