Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Classes generated by annotation processors (APT) don't get recompiled incrementally?
Classes generated by annotation processors (APT) don't get recompiled incrementally? [message #1772384] Fri, 08 September 2017 13:32 Go to next message
Cristian Spiescu is currently offline Cristian SpiescuFriend
Hi,

I've been using APT in eclipse for quite a while. It's now that I have discovered a really strange issue.

I modify something in a source file (A.java). This source file has an annotation that triggers an annotation processor that re-generates another file (B.java). Everything OK until now. Except the fact that the corresponding binary class (/target/.../B.class) IS NOT recompiled. If I look inside it (e.g. w/ a decompiler), I can see that it didn't change. If I modify manually B.java, or if I do a clean => B.java is compiled correctly.

This is a basic scenario, and I'm quite amazed how I realized this only now. I would like to mention that I use m2e-apt. But from my understanding, this plugin only configures the Compiler/APT settings for me, so that I don't have to go to Project properties, add factory path, etc.

I did test on Eclipse 4.6.0 and 4.7.0. I did not test with a "plain APT" project (i.e. w/o maven).

I guess this scenario should work, right? And my projects have something special that generate this bug? If someone could show me some pointers within the code I could take a look with the debugger.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Cristian.
Re: Classes generated by annotation processors (APT) don't get recompiled incrementally? [message #1772645 is a reply to message #1772384] Wed, 13 September 2017 14:11 Go to previous message
Cristian Spiescu is currently offline Cristian SpiescuFriend
I continue the discussion within this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=522244
I added more description and findings after debug.
Previous Topic:getElements() doesn't work in Eclipse 4.4, but works in 4.2
Next Topic:Eclipse Random Mouse Movements and Clicking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:18:38 GMT 2024