Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Connection Failure / JDBC / DB2 / Mac OS(Problem troubleshooting JDBC Connection)
Connection Failure / JDBC / DB2 / Mac OS [message #1772125] Tue, 05 September 2017 19:57 Go to next message
Michael Krafick is currently offline Michael KrafickFriend
Bear with me guys, I'm a DB2 DBA - not a developer. So creating command line connections strings, loading Java, etc is all relatively new to me.

Environment
Eclipse: Neon Release (4.6.0)
DB2: Express-C 10.1

Configuration in Data Source
Driver Class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver (v4.13)
Database URL: jdbc:db2://FloatingIP:PortNo/DBNAME;
User Name: ID that I confirmed can connect via SSH

Problem
I'm trying to set up our initial connection source via a "New JDBC Data Source Profile" but when I test connection, I get "Failed to create connection. Please verify the connection properties". The details window shows output I am not familiar with.

DB2 on a Mac isn't common. Java on a Mac is a PITA, but I know it works because of other software installed on the machine. I'm not sure if this would work or not, but to take Eclipse/BIRT out of the equation, I ran that "jdbc:db2 ...." command natively from a command line. It doesn't seem to understand this is a java call. Nothing is in my .profile either. I'm wondering if this is java not being loaded into the environment, a bad connection string or what.

Anyone have suggestions for the wayward DBA?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Connection Failure / JDBC / DB2 / Mac OS [message #1772140 is a reply to message #1772125] Wed, 06 September 2017 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Michael Krafick wrote on Tue, 05 September 2017 15:57
I'm not sure if this would work or not, but to take Eclipse/BIRT out of the equation, I ran that "jdbc:db2 ...." command natively from a command line.

How? What is the details window output? Have you considered just running it via docker (https://hub.docker.com/r/ibmcom/db2express-c/)?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2017 03:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connection Failure / JDBC / DB2 / Mac OS [message #1772187 is a reply to message #1772140] Wed, 06 September 2017 13:00 Go to previous message
Michael Krafick is currently offline Michael KrafickFriend
When you install via docker, I don't see where the JDBC drive is actually installed in a place where I can call it. However, when I install DB2 natively, I see the JDBC driver and it's installed and visible in BIRT.
Previous Topic:Remote Project also stored locally
Next Topic:Installing latest version of Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:39:06 GMT 2024