Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Validation error for PartAssociation
Validation error for PartAssociation [message #1771798] Wed, 30 August 2017 15:02 Go to next message
Ursula Kirchgaessner is currently offline Ursula KirchgaessnerFriend
Using Papyrus Neon with SysML 1.4, I have created a bdd. Linking blocks with PartAssociation, I get an error message on each association edge when validating the model:

Severity: Error
Description: 8.3.2.3 Block [3] In the UML metamodel on which SysML is built, any instance of the Property metaclass that is typed by a block (a Class with the «block» stereotype applied) and which is owned by an Association may not have a name and may not be defined as a navigable owned end of the association. (While the Property has a «name» property as defined by its NamedElement
Element: <Property> domain : Domain
Path: MiniExample::user
Type: EMF Problem

I have several questions:

Removing the Name of the second Member End (which is non-navigable and owned by the association), and the validation passes. Is this the right thing to do? If yes, why is this not the standard setting when creating such an association? If no, what should I do? Is this a bug?

The symbol shown for this association path (as well as for the reference association path) has a bullet at the arrow end. It disappears when I set the first Member End's Navigability to false (resulting in Owner changing to Association) and reappears when setting Owner back to Classifier. What does this bullet mean?

For info: I tested also with two installations I used previously (briefly for testing): Papyrus Oxygen has the same problem. PolarSys IDE 0.8 validates just fine these associations.

Hope someone can enlighten me on these issues.
/Ursula
Re: Validation error for PartAssociation [message #1771803 is a reply to message #1771798] Wed, 30 August 2017 15:42 Go to previous message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Ursula,

In short the tooling was done way before the validation, then the validation comes and we discover that a lot of element were created non conform to the norm.
So we are currently in the process to modify these elements to avoid validation error on newly created elements.

That said, you can disable "annoying" validation: Window>Preferences>Model Validation > Constraints (uncheck block.propertynoname)

/Benoit
Previous Topic:Installing Reverse Engineering
Next Topic:XMI to UML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 00:36:47 GMT 2024