Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Maintaining Dataset structure for mongodb sourced datasets(Assistance is sort with navigating some of the intricacies specific to BiRT datasets from a MongoDB source.)
Maintaining Dataset structure for mongodb sourced datasets [message #1769585] Wed, 02 August 2017 04:22
Stuart Tennant is currently offline Stuart TennantFriend
Although I am starting to get my head around creating and using MongoDB datasets in Birt, several things still elude me. It would be great if I could find a contact that is using BiRT with Mongo to assist with some of my questions.

BiRt seems to work better when a dataset is the kind of dataset that one would expected from a fixed structure database; so to this end I have got into the habit of fully projecting my fields in a mongoDB aggregate query, to make sure that fields are available for use.

Also it seems that the actual structure for the dataset is established when the dataset is being used/created, and the first row or first few rows (further testing seems to indicate first 10 rows) are being using to define the dataset's columns.

Could someone please enlighten me on how this works, as, when dealing with data that only has certain values at certain stages of it's life, I sometimes wonder if I need to have the first record of a dataset as a fully valued row, that I then ignore, to overcome fields not being available when addressed in the report.

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 02 August 2017 08:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Live updating charts
Next Topic:BIRT is missing SOAP request parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 19:12:54 GMT 2024