Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Eclipse Forum about to die - what does that mean for the Scout sub-forum
Eclipse Forum about to die - what does that mean for the Scout sub-forum [message #1768332] Mon, 17 July 2017 15:03 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Checking the Scout Forum posts today I saw the following message at the top:

Quote:
Future of Eclipse Forums
We are considering archiving the Eclipse forums, as there are now many better options available. Please see and comment on Bug 451571.

I assume the scout subforum would also be part of this archival. Have you given some thought on what channels will be used for Scout support in the future? Will that be the same platform that eclipse migrates to or is it likely that you will go your own way? If the latter, what will happen with the collective know-how of existing (to be archived) posts?
Re: Eclipse Forum about to die - what does that mean for the Scout sub-forum [message #1768399 is a reply to message #1768332] Tue, 18 July 2017 10:28 Go to previous message
Arthur van Dorp is currently offline Arthur van DorpFriend
Thanks for the heads up. Just my personal opinion: We will wait until a decision has been reached in the bug and then evaluate whether that decision fits Scouts needs.
Previous Topic:ScoutBoot-Task: How do I start from Eclipse IDE
Next Topic:SmartField and Lookup call
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:10:44 GMT 2024