Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Registering a Generated Static Profile(How do I register a generated profile that has several profiles contained within it?)
Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768167] Fri, 14 July 2017 09:54 Go to next message
Vetle Volden-Freberg is currently offline Vetle Volden-FrebergFriend
Hello!

I have created a DSML in Papyrus for Sequence Diagrams. Within my Profile Diagram I have created several other profiles.

I have created a genmodel from my root element and generated the model code. However, when I open my manifest I only see EPackages for all the profiles contained within the RootElement. I don't see any EPackage for the language as a whole.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance :)

Regards

Vetle VF.
Re: Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768170 is a reply to message #1768167] Fri, 14 July 2017 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Difficult to answer without a repro, so I'll guess.

I vaguely recall that empty packages are ignored, so, if all your content is in nested profiles, why would you want to apply a root profile, so why should one be generated?

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768176 is a reply to message #1768170] Fri, 14 July 2017 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ed,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have included a zipped file with my project.
Basically I want to create a Papyrus plugin for my DSML with all the
modelling constructs from all the profiles nested within the coral.profile.

I have been following the Help Contents > Papyrus Guide > User Guide > Tasks > Using UML Profiles > Generating Static Profiles. I got a bit stuck when registering since I'm not sure how to proceed.

Do you have any pointers on how to proceed? :)

Thanks

Regards

Vetle VF.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 July 2017 14:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768182 is a reply to message #1768176] Fri, 14 July 2017 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Your model has 7 validation warnings.

All elements imported via metaclass references or metamodel references owned by profile '<Profile> CoralMessages' must be members of the same base reference metamodel.

Not much point trying to generate good code from a garbage model. I suspect that the message is telling you that you have many missing Extension relationships.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768198 is a reply to message #1768182] Fri, 14 July 2017 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ed,

I hadn't noticed that back when I created the profile back in December.
Seems like there is a problem when I created nested profiles due to elements not being imported correctly. I guess I will avoid using nested profiles.

Regards

Vetle VF.
Re: Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768200 is a reply to message #1768198] Fri, 14 July 2017 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I would certainly avoid deep nesting, but a Model root and a single level of Profiles should be ok.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768236 is a reply to message #1768200] Sat, 15 July 2017 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ed,

I managed to fix the cause of the warning messages.
Basically I had to import all metaclasses that were used, in all the nested profiles. Furthermore, I managed to generate the static profile and register it as a plugin along with all OCL constraints. I am quite happy with the result.

Now I just need to figure out how to include my palette.configuration file in my plugin. Seems like it could be included in a view configuration file prior to the Oxygen release. For Oxygen though I have not quite figured out how to include my palette with the plugin.

Regards

Vetle Volden-Freberg.
Re: Registering a Generated Static Profile [message #1768239 is a reply to message #1768236] Sat, 15 July 2017 10:56 Go to previous message
Hi

Good. You should be able to import models/packages rather than classes reducing effort.

Hopefully one of the Papyrus guys can help you with your plugin issue.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Load a Papyrus ModelSet programmatically
Next Topic:Model to schema conversion in Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:02:17 GMT 2024