Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » File Cache Bummer(Eclipse Stands Alone)
File Cache Bummer [message #1768013] Wed, 12 July 2017 21:03 Go to next message
Dan Allen is currently offline Dan AllenFriend
I guess it is cutting edge.

I open a file in eclipse and before doing anything else, hit undo, and the document starts rolling back my most recent edits. I hate it.

For years, I have relied on undo always rolling back to the state of the file at the time when I last opened it. That doesn't work anymore. I really hate this.

Steps to Reproduce
I can't always reproduce this behavior, but right now...

1. Close a file in Eclipse php editor
2. Open the same file.
3. Press the Command key on a MAC
4. While continuing to hold the CMD key, press the z key on the MAC. CMD-z is the key shortcut for undo.
5. What the file roll backward through recent edits.

What it should do instead, just like all other software.
On step 5, nothing should happen. Undo should roll back only to the most recent file open.
Re: File Cache Bummer [message #1768071 is a reply to message #1768013] Thu, 13 July 2017 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal NiewrzalFriend
Hi,
I tried to reproduce your issue but without luck for now. What version of PDT are you using? Do you have additional plugins installed?
Re: File Cache Bummer [message #1769902 is a reply to message #1768071] Fri, 04 August 2017 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for responding. The problem has not recurred since I reported it.

I am not sure how to distinguish between plugin and installation core elements. The image attached shows installation details, so I am hoping that answers your question.

index.php/fa/30279/0/

Re: File Cache Bummer [message #1770253 is a reply to message #1768071] Wed, 09 August 2017 12:40 Go to previous message
The mp4 file attached shows the php editor. A file is closed. Then the file is opened. After the file is opened, before anything else, I hit CMD-Z (UNDO) and you can see the file being rolled back through changes that were made before the file was opened.

Is that considered normal behavior?
Previous Topic:Formatter split my lines of code :(
Next Topic:PHP wizard cannot start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:46:48 GMT 2024