Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Not correct variable processing
Not correct variable processing [message #1767758] Mon, 10 July 2017 17:55 Go to next message
Milos Hroudny is currently offline Milos HroudnyFriend
I found some behavior that seems not to be correct, but may it could be fault
on my side. Check, please.
I created two user modules based on the standard module <ub_app_storeValue>.
The first one is a simple wrapper and I call it <StoreValue>. This module accepts
the same parameters as original standard module.
The second module is also a wrapper and it accepts also two parameters as the first one, but I wanted it to accept only integer value. From this reason I opened the Edit parameters dialog and configured the second parameter type to Integer.[Evidence1.png]. I call the module <StoreInteger>.
The configuration works fine if I try to enter/konfigure the value manually in Properties [Evidence2.png, Evidence3.png].
If I use a variable as a value, I expected, that in case that variable contains string,
the Configuration error will be fired due to check of the value. Anyhow the test passes. As you can see on the evidence4.png, in the <StoreValue> is stored string Hello to the variable Temp. In the <StoreInteger> is stored the value of variable
$Temp, i.e. string Hello', to the second parameter of <StoreInteger> , that is configured as Integer.
Finally is the value of the variable $Number put in the clipboard.

Re: Not correct variable processing [message #1767974 is a reply to message #1767758] Wed, 12 July 2017 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
As of this information, i could not really see if there is really an issue. I would be easier, if you had an example project and the html result.

Maybe you also hit the problem described at Bug 404446[1].

with regards
Marvin Mueller

[1]https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404446
Re: Not correct variable processing [message #1768001 is a reply to message #1767974] Wed, 12 July 2017 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milos Hroudny is currently offline Milos HroudnyFriend
In the HTML it is not visible that module StroreInteger should work only with Integer values so I made one more screenshot.
Re: Not correct variable processing [message #1768296 is a reply to message #1768001] Mon, 17 July 2017 07:46 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Thanks for the information, now I understood the problem.

In fact variables (Types) are not checked at execution Time. This is a known problem and something which is a design decision(Which i think will not change in the future).

There is no easy way to check the type of a saved variable. Since it is a matter of the execution. The only thing which could be done afterwards is to check with checkNumericValues. So you are failing earlier.

with regards
Marvin Mueller

with regards
Marvin Mueller
Previous Topic:Menu Bar Check sometimes clicks too early
Next Topic:Eclipse Oxygen (4.7.0) is compatible with Jubula 8.3.1.125 version?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:32:46 GMT 2024