Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node
Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node [message #1767188] Mon, 03 July 2017 11:02 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
Hi there,

after working around the problem described here https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1086944/ i got a new problem in the same test. When i try to select a node in my tree table the wrong node gets selected.

i created a smaller test to investigate the behavior and it seems that it could have to do with the node names. in the tree you basically have the following structure:

IProject
- some Device/Machine
-- Application
--- Variables/Folders...

In the failing case the variable is an array and got child nodes (indices). So the nodes i want to access are looking like that:

IProject
- some Device/Machine
-- Application
--- Folder
---- Array(name)

When i call 'ub_trt_selectEntryByTextpath_specifyColumnPath' with Textpath 'IProject*/some Device*/Application/Folder/Array(name)/2' (simple match) then the node '1' of the array gets selected.

when i call the case for index 1 or 3 the correct node gets selected...
i attached some screenshots and the html report to show the problem
has anyone an idea what the problem could be or am i doing something wrong here?

best regards
dominik
Re: Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node [message #1767189 is a reply to message #1767188] Mon, 03 July 2017 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it also happens with equals operator ;)
Re: Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node [message #1767438 is a reply to message #1767189] Thu, 06 July 2017 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Dominik,
you are not doing anything wrong (what i can see).
But i also can not really explain why this is happening, what it even makes worse is that also the check selection is having the wrong value. (But the selection is on the 1).

Can you try to use '1' '2' '3' as values instead of 1 2 and 3. This is just a try, it should than search for the String and not the index.

Just to have more information, can you also do a Screenshot after you are checking the text?

best regards
Marvin Mueller

Re: Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node [message #1767726 is a reply to message #1767438] Mon, 10 July 2017 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marvin,

i tried to use '1' '2' '3' without success... it selects still the wrong node. i created also the screenshots you asked for (attached). i also attached the new html result if you want to take a look at it.

best regards
Dominik
Re: Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node [message #1767971 is a reply to message #1767726] Wed, 12 July 2017 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm maybe something is wrong with the action itself, i am at this moment out of idea, how this could happen.

My only solution for this that you can debug the test itself.
If you want to do this, you can take the sources from our p2 repository in the development folder. And than debug your Application, since our classes are part of the Application, you can debug them as normal.

The classes which are important for this are org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swt.TreeTester(this class is also responsible for TreeTables) and the method is rcSelectByColumnPath or selectByPath

Otherwise i will look if i can find something, but this will not happen this week

best regards
Marvin
Re: Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node [message #1767978 is a reply to message #1767971] Wed, 12 July 2017 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marvin,

it would be nice if you could take it over and investigate a bit in that problem. We are currently in a beta/release phase and cause of that i have a little less time for investigate that problem.

regards
Dominik
Re: Select node in SWT Tree Table selects wrong node [message #1768931 is a reply to message #1767978] Tue, 25 July 2017 05:22 Go to previous message
Hello Dominik,

i maybe have found out why this does happen, as i understood our implementation, we seem to be searching in all columns of the TreeTable(which is indeed totally wrong, because why we are giving the column than?). Since you have a 2 value in the second column this would explain why it works, and also why it works with the checkText option(because that is intended to be working in that way).
We have already created the action ub_trt_checkSelectionByValuesSpecifyColum to get around the issue for the check of the selection (i think it is not available in 8.5 but will be available in the next release)
I can now reproduce the problem and will have a deeper investigation of it.

Thanks for the Information
Best regards
Marvin
Previous Topic:Point to click is outside of component on select
Next Topic:Loading Project need Ten minutes or more, is it nomal?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:11:23 GMT 2024