Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Kura GPIO example(Not getting call back from Listening Kura GPIO pin. )
Kura GPIO example [message #1766961] Thu, 29 June 2017 06:49 Go to next message
Praveen Reddy is currently offline Praveen ReddyFriend
Hi,

I am using kura GPIO example by configuring pin 4 as a listener on Raspberry PI. I could see in the logs that Pin4 is added to the listener list.

For testing purpose, I am setting the pin4 as HIGH with Python program running in same RPI. And I am expecting call back in Kura GPIO module.

But I am not receiving any such event. Can you please give any thoughts on this.

Thank you.

With Best Regards,
Praveen.B
Re: Kura GPIO example [message #1767015 is a reply to message #1766961] Thu, 29 June 2017 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve? So pin 4 is configured as an INPUT in Kura and then you are trying to assert it to HIGH in Python as if it were an OUTPUT, essentially? This does not feel like something that should be working in the first place. If you really want to test you should effectively and physically interact with the pin IMO.

Re: Kura GPIO example [message #1767067 is a reply to message #1767015] Fri, 30 June 2017 10:00 Go to previous message
Praveen Reddy is currently offline Praveen ReddyFriend
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your thoughts.
You are right on what I am trying out. Actually, I want to read signals from PLC through GPIO pins of Raspberry PI.

Before I get to access to PLC, I thought of testing in this way. Is there any way to test it with software running on same device without physical input? (or) we must have physical inputs for this?

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

With Best Regards,
Praveen.B

Previous Topic:Why git auth failed?
Next Topic:Edge device management
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:57:03 GMT 2024