Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debugger not starting properly (C++ /Eclipse Remote system)(Remote debugger not starting properly (Linux-Arm))
Debugger not starting properly (C++ /Eclipse Remote system) [message #1766704] Mon, 26 June 2017 11:09 Go to next message
Xander Borre is currently offline Xander BorreFriend
index.php/fa/29791/0/Hi Everyone,

I got a problem for some months now. I use Eclipse (Neon2/3 also Oxygen) with gnueabihf crosscompiler. I am connecting from eclipse over ssh to my beaglebones. I can succesfully run my programms on the beaglebone but I can't get the debugger properly started. Here is whats happening: I click "debug" for my program f.e. "HelloWorld" Now perspective is changed to debug mode and I got a message telling me:

Break at address "0xb6fd9dde" with no debug information available, or outside of program code. (with a button below to view Dissassembly)

When I try to resume the program at this point then SIGSEGV is raised and the program terminates (Child terminated with signal = 0xb (SIGSEGV))

I have a pretty ugly workaround now for the last months:

I set a breakpoint on an address few positions before the address where my GDB breaks now (that is "0xb6fd9dde" so I decided to place a breakpoint at: "0xb6fd9dba".

So now when I hit debug again, it wil go over into debugperspective but the resume-button gets not active (can't click it right now), this is most probably because it hangs at my breakpoint at "0xb6fd9dba", somewhere before my main()). Now I am manually deactivating the breakpoint in the breakpoints-window ( or I can hit the "Skip-All-Breakpoints" (Ctrl+Alt+B) shortly and re-activate it immediately). By doing this the debugger now halts at "main" as it should do.. I also can resume, step-into, step-over etc...

I got this problem on 2 virtual machines with Ubuntu LTS 16.04 and a dedicated ubuntu 16.04 LTS PC even tried Neon2 Neon3 and now Oxygen with every program I write.

by the way, I am using gdb-multiarch and a .gdbinit file that says "set architecture arm", like Derek Molloy learned me few years ago.

Thanks for any help!

Xander
index.php/fa/29791/0/
index.php/fa/29792/0/
Re: Debugger not starting properly (C++ /Eclipse Remote system) [message #1784826 is a reply to message #1766704] Wed, 04 April 2018 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You Zhou is currently offline You ZhouFriend
Same problem, did you solve this?
Re: Debugger not starting properly (C++ /Eclipse Remote system) [message #1784850 is a reply to message #1784826] Wed, 04 April 2018 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xander Borre is currently offline Xander BorreFriend
Hi,
Yes, if I am remembering right I solved it by adding the text "set sysroot" before "set architecture arm" in your .gdbinit file.

Hope it works also for you.
Re: Debugger not starting properly (C++ /Eclipse Remote system) [message #1810005 is a reply to message #1766704] Sun, 28 July 2019 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Pinto is currently offline Olivier PintoFriend
Solved by adding debug flags to Makefile :
debug: CFLAGS+= -O0 -g3 -DDEBUG
-0O for no optimization
-g3 maximum debug information in the output file (very important option)
-DDEBUG...

and in my eclipse debug configuration:
>>startup tab
check the followings:
[X] pre re run /restart reset
[ ]
[X] set breakpoint at main
[X] continue
Re: Debugger not starting properly (C++ /Eclipse Remote system) [message #1816355 is a reply to message #1810005] Mon, 28 October 2019 11:06 Go to previous message
Alex Danilov is currently offline Alex DanilovFriend
I solved this problem by setting a flag in "Load shared library symbols automatically" in the dialog "Debug Configurations/CC++ Remote Application/<your project>/Debugger/Shared Libraries".
Previous Topic:Eclipse - Resource already exists
Next Topic:Compiler Failing on non-errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:23:44 GMT 2024