Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » In execution in a Java-Scala mix project(A Java-Scala mix project is working in workbench, but not in workspace.)
In execution in a Java-Scala mix project [message #1765657] Tue, 13 June 2017 08:02 Go to next message
eunjung park is currently offline eunjung parkFriend
Hello.

I don't know if this is suitable space, but I want to get some hints to solve my problem.
Currently, I'm making a Java-Scala mix project.
By the way, when I execute the project in the workbench, it shows the results, but when I execute the program in workspace, the results don't come out.
The difference of execution ways between the two is that workbench directly execute the project, however, workspace does it through extension points.
I think if I set some properties, the problem will be resolved, but I don't know.
Could someone help me to find a solution?
Thank you so much in advance.

Grace

[Updated on: Tue, 13 June 2017 08:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: In execution in a Java-Scala mix project [message #1766011 is a reply to message #1765657] Wed, 14 June 2017 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Sorry Grace, but I'm a bit lost as to what you're describing. Are you trying to create an Eclipse plugin that has some Java and Scala code? By "execute in the workbench", you mean running as "Java Application" -- essentially running from a main() method. And by "workspace" you mean trying to launch the Eclipse workbench with your plugin. Does that sound right?

Usually the problem that developers encounter when making a plugin is that their plugin resources aren't being found. Look at the Manifest Editor's "Build" page, and make sure the "Runtime Information" and "Binary Build" sections includes the right paths.

Brian.
Re: In execution in a Java-Scala mix project [message #1766035 is a reply to message #1766011] Thu, 15 June 2017 03:39 Go to previous message
eunjung park is currently offline eunjung parkFriend
Hi Brian.

Thank you for your information.
I would like to give more information for my situation.

I'm making a project that the main part is modeling and to extend the functionality, some Java program refer to some Scala's functions.
Implementation environment is Eclipse Modeling Framework Luna 4.4.2. Additionally, to represent models, Sirius is utilized which has plugin extension.

By the way, when I individually execute the (extended) Java program with right button click -> "Run As" -> "Java Application", the program successfully get the results from Scala program. However, in the way, i.e., right button click -> "Run As" -> "Eclipse Application" -> right button -> Extended Java program execution, the program can't get results.

I tried to a way to find as you described, but I don't know which part and how.
Could you recommend some books or site for this problem?

Thank you so much and have a wonderful day.

Best regards,
Grace
Previous Topic:Eclipse GTK3 tooltip issue fixed
Next Topic:How to disable debugging underlying classes (change the source attachment)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:30:58 GMT 2024