Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » New User - Help configuring
New User - Help configuring [message #1764130] Thu, 25 May 2017 15:17 Go to next message
Gary Kahrau is currently offline Gary KahrauFriend
I am running a local Apache server and php is installed and working. Both are 32 bit. My current php programs work, but I want a debugger to move forward.
I just added eclipse-php-neon. I did this by coping the files into a folder eclipse-php-neon. I did not delete the older eclipse folder.
Previously, I installed a debugger php_xdebug-2.5.3-5.5-vc11-nts.dll in the php/ext folder. I tried to use Visual Studio Code, but I could not get the debugger configured and could not get any help. Now I am trying eclipse.

When I try to run as PHP Web Application, I don't get any output.
When I run as PHP CLI Application, I get output in the console window. There is also an error "Failed loading C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.5.3-5.5-vc11-nts.dll".
When I try to run in debug, I get an error "Specified script cannot be found"

To date, I have not found any good configuration instructions.
Also, I don't know if there are any version conflicts.

Re: New User - Help configuring [message #1764224 is a reply to message #1764130] Fri, 26 May 2017 18:52 Go to previous message
Gary Kahrau is currently offline Gary KahrauFriend
I saw the following is another post.

This is the documentation for remote debugging from the Xdebug site
https://xdebug.org/docs/remote

It had me install a different dll. Now the debugger seems to work with eclipse in the CLI mode.
Previous Topic:Configuration of PDT debugging with docker container based server
Next Topic:mysqli content assist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:35:44 GMT 2024