Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Edapt] Creating history from existing metamodel versions(Can you create migration operations for externally maintained metamodels?)
[Edapt] Creating history from existing metamodel versions [message #1760160] Mon, 24 April 2017 06:34 Go to next message
Wernke zur Borg is currently offline Wernke zur BorgFriend
Hi,

As a pre-beginner in Edapt I have a simple question. From reading the documentation I have the impression that metamodel modifications must be made in the Edapt IDE in order to be properly recorded in the history. In my case however, the metamodel is maintained and exported by a 3rd party tool.

Question: Is Edapt able to construct a history from two different metamodel versions? Or is there support to create the migration operations e.g. using EMF Compare?

As far as I understand, reconstruction is the other way round: It reconstructs an older metamodel by applying the history. What we need is the construction of a history by comparing two metamodel versions.

Thanks for any hint.

Wernke

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2017 09:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Edapt] Creating history from existing metamodel versions [message #1760174 is a reply to message #1760160] Mon, 24 April 2017 09:31 Go to previous message
Wernke zur Borg is currently offline Wernke zur BorgFriend
The question has been answered before:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1068604/0/unread/
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1070914/0/unread/

In essence, there is no such support in Edapt, which makes a differencing approach more suitable than a change recording one for such use cases.
Previous Topic:TreeViewerSWTFactory drag and drop exceptions
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] - Custom Control Area
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:24:33 GMT 2024