Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » using ease with plugins
using ease with plugins [message #1758858] Mon, 03 April 2017 21:14 Go to next message
erin browning is currently offline erin browningFriend
I'm very new to java and eclipse, so please forgive me if this is a basic question.

I'm using a security plugin, and it scans one project at a time. It can't scan more than one project at once. The application I'm working on has nearly 400 projects inside of it. I've been asked to see if I can automate this. Can EASE interact with plugins? If so, can someone point me towards some examples? I want to iterate over all open projects within eclipse, run the scan in the plugin, wait until it's done, and then start the next one; i'd also like to record which ones ran/which ones failed (e.g., build path errors).

Thank you so much for your help!
Re: using ease with plugins [message #1758967 is a reply to message #1758858] Tue, 04 April 2017 20:03 Go to previous message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
Sure you can do this with EASE. Have a look at the modules explorer view and the script shell view. The Resources module provides methods to access the workspace, find files and so on. The Platform module provides ways to run external commands (if that's how your scanner gets started). Some basic sample scripts are available on our scripts repo [1].
A short sample to iterate over all workspace projects could look like this:
loadModule("/System/Resources");
projects = getWorkspace().getProjects();
for each (project in projects)
	print(project.getName())

HTH Christian

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/ease/org.eclipse.ease.scripts.git/tree
Previous Topic:Waiting for a command to complete
Next Topic:py4-java for ease update site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:18:10 GMT 2024