Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Usage of multiple templates
Usage of multiple templates [message #1757828] Mon, 20 March 2017 12:13 Go to next message
samuel kallmeyer is currently offline samuel kallmeyerFriend
Dear All,
I used in the past a commercial modelling software for generating project documentation.
I had a quick look to papyrus and Gendoc and I'm able to create the "first" document.
I unfortunately don't know how templates are handled, but it seems that the same template is used for all models.
From a global point of view, I'm quite sure that this is not appropriate for handling a complete project documentation: handling the requirements or the risks would require another template as the technical part...

Could someone provide me deeper details about this ?

Regards,

Samuel
Re: Usage of multiple templates [message #1757838 is a reply to message #1757828] Mon, 20 March 2017 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello
I hope I will answer to your question if it is not clear feel free to react

Using Gendoc with Papyrus you can have in your project ;
- 1 template for several models
- several templates depending on the output for several models

In first intention you have to generate your document from a template, if you don't want to force a specific model inside the template you can use variables defined in a property file (explained in gendoc tutorial : https://www.eclipse.org/gendoc/documentation/Gendoc_v0.6_tutorial.pdf)

Otherwise you can generate document from a model, the template are registered through plugins so you can create yours (or ask a company providing support to do so). In next versions of Gendoc it would be possible to register templates without plugins using Project properties (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=501723).

Re: Usage of multiple templates [message #1757847 is a reply to message #1757838] Mon, 20 March 2017 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samuel kallmeyer is currently offline samuel kallmeyerFriend
Dear Tristan,
thanks for your clarification: that's clear. I have to wait the next version of gendoc and update my templates in between....
Re: Usage of multiple templates [message #1757848 is a reply to message #1757847] Mon, 20 March 2017 15:20 Go to previous message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
To prepare next version arrival you can try (at your own risks) a nightly version : https://hudson.eclipse.org/gendoc/job/Gendoc/

Previous Topic:Your functional needs
Next Topic:context model element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:50:32 GMT 2024